I'm Making a Video Game. Feel like Taking a look?

The official website went up yesterday. It’s a dungeon crawler/rpg game where the dungeons, enemies, and weapons are totally random. There’s a video of actual gameplay on the website:

http://www.pixergygame.com/

We hope to have a beta available to the public within the next few weeks.

Looks neat. I like the FAQ…

Thanks you!

I think it’s really cool you’re making a game. Doesn’t really look like my kinda game, but cool dude. I want to design video games.

I like the idea of having everything be totally random. Is the random-ness of the dungeon a true randomization, or does it pick from a list of possibilities? If the former, would it be possible to load a map that is unplayable?

The generator spawns rooms on a grid. A set number of blocks spawn randomly within each room. Each block then has a certain chance of becoming a chest, a hole, being destroyed, or remaining a block.

So there are an infinite number of possibilities, but the dungeon is always navigable.

so why dont you?

Nothing computer-generated is random. It’s impossible for an intelligent system to produce a random pattern (already sounds like an oxymoron). But yeah, it will be a pattern, but the pattern may be completely different every time (sounds random…I know, lol). At least that’s what I remember form learning things. I could be totally wrong, and by our human perspective, it will look completely random (because technically, to us, it will be.)

1 Like

Not only this, but also a random anything is more or less impossible.

I’m very interested in trying this though… I really like the idea.

If anyone actually wants to try it when it comes out, subscribe to the YouTube Channel or become a member of the blog. When you see the official 1.0 trailer, it’ll be released.

We’re thinking of making combat more spell oriented rather than melee. I hope to have the first spell book or two implemented today.

Here’s a preview of the “Book of Fire”

Wow the main character looks so much bigger than what I’d expect him to look in these types of games. Looking forward to seeing the final product!

Thank you!

You can now follow me on Twitter to keep updated on what I’m currently working on. I’ll be posting small updates there pretty frequently about what we’re doing.

You can now follow me on Twitter to keep updated on what I’m currently working on. I’ll be posting small updates there pretty frequently about what we’re doing.

is the video showing the completed thing or are you going to make it better? How much would it cost. What platform would it be on(xbox,pc)

The website answers all your questions :wink: