Ignitus (Derek Walker)

whatever happened to him? all of his trick videos are insane and i feel like he should have more presence in the yoyo world, it seems like he’s completely fallen off the map

1 Like

The first time I saw him do ‘Follow’ I said to myself, ‘Now, this guy is waaay outside the box’.(and I found out I wasn’t kidding, lol.

His videos mostly are YEARS old now, and are still Krazy good. Doing amazing tricks is one thing. But doing amazing tricks look easy as melting butter, is even more amazing.

Sadly, there are a few dozen guys that seemed kinda supernatural, that have just faded away for various reasons.

A good number of the most talented players, never or almost never even competed. Most of them do their complicated combos at medium speeds that don’t fair well in point counts Yo-yo Contests require for winning. But their Mad skills are timeless.

Dereks’ skills via videos, have passed the test of time. He was(or still is) one Badd Man

I hope he is doing well.

PS… how about Zammy(Daniel Ickler)? Another guy that does some of the craziest tricks ever.
He still shows up here and there, at least. A Master Trick Monster. Guys like Zammy and Derek <> I think they all come from the same Magic village🤓

5 Likes