Identify this FHZ mod

Who’s handy work is this? Modded for a C bearing.

3 Likes

Hmm the dye on the yoyo makes me think it was a mod by Alex Franke or @cyclontzy

1 Like

That’s died? I thought it was a translucent black plastic. The bearing seat has been bored out and then these custom bearing seats fit in perfectly.

Alex used SPRs. Those spacers look custom made. I don’t believe Alex did that mod.

4 Likes

Nah these are Born Crucial spacers, the ones included in later runs of their yoyos.

1 Like

Yea I don’t recall there being any FHZs naturally in that color, and Alex was known for dying FHZs. Does this have white painted caps too? If so it’s definitely a Cyclontzy mod.

3 Likes

Yup, that’s mine, i think those were originally not clear but blue clear or something and the black came out funny, those are BC SPRs with pads

10 Likes

Your a gifted modder. I bought a Yomega soft case on the BST here that was a freaking treasure trove of modded FH’s
So where do I get an axle long enough to handle this?
&
Are these your work also? These two play great.

2 Likes

Hardware store. Buy a long enough screw of the proper thread size and cut to fit. Be sure to smooth the cut end.

1 Like

I was hope for something like, “the axle from this common model will fit.” Gonna have to spend $0.30
Dipping into my 401k

4 Likes

This is awesome - kinda bummed I missed out on this era of yoyoing