I painted my clear Freehand One tonight

I decided I wanted to paint one of my clear Freehand One. I found @dylan_kowalski video on YouTube and got some ideas.

Like Dylan, I had some bright colors of nail polish left over from another hobbies project.

I first had to break down the FH1 and remove the caps.

Once apart and on the bench I grabbed a fine brush and one of the colors, after trying some fine line I switch to another color. I found that the nail polish did like light coats and had to go over it twice which made the lines fat.

After think about other ways to apply the polish, I came up with using a cordless drill. I took one half and put in the bare axle, I then put the axle in the drill with the cup facing up. I grabbed a tooth pick and dipped it in the nail polish bottle so it came out with a lot of polish on it, held it over the cup and while it was spinning at full speed I let the paint drip in. I switched the axle to the other half and repeated the process.

The caps were another issue, how was I going to spin those. Well I took a new one inch diameter felt pad with the shaft from a dremal, placed it in the drill and used double stick tape to attach the cap to it. I then used the tooth pick method again.

Remember to wear and old shirt incase it splatters.

While it didn’t come out quite like I imagined, I still think it came out alright. I’m going to order another one and try it again.

32 Likes

Looks really cool.

4 Likes

Yes, really sick, love the colors

1 Like

Thanks, the more I look at it I really like it. Going to put a string on it and see what it looks like spinning.

Howard

3 Likes