I make art

Thanks, everyone. It was supposed to be a scary / scared looking guy (no mask) holding a yoyo getting ready to throw. I took some selfies so I’d get the hand and yoyo correctly. I forgot all about it! I think I’ll start working on that today! Thank you for the kind words.

1 Like

Two months of doodling. It’s a double page spread in my 8 1/2” x 11” sketchbook. Crayola pencils and Sharpie pen.
http://www.chrisfrancz.com

17 Likes

I make CG art now and then … does that count?

1 Like

It’s just a different medium. Guitar, trumpet…they both make music.

Okay then.

So last week a colleague of mine started posting classic album covers made from Lego bricks to his Facebook page. I realized pretty quickly that they were CG and I felt that it should be pretty easy to do the same thing myself (using my own techniques). Here’s an example that I rendered last night:

I feel his were more beautifully rendered than this, but I still think mine come out fairly nice.

12 Likes

I can not tell if that is real or CG. I seriously doubt you have all those Lego pieces so it must be CG. That’s awesome! And that shows it could be done with actual lego pieces if someone had the colors in those small pieces. I only had the second Boston album. That looks too real to be CG…

3 Likes

That is exactly how I was able to tell that his images were CG renders. Lego never released bricks in that many colors!

3 Likes

i don’t know where the actual file is buried, but i found this picture i took of something i was working on a looooooooong time ago, lol

Ol’ Dirty 8-bit

6 Likes

Coolio?

1 Like

4 Likes

5 1/2” x 8 1/2”. Sharpie.
My art website

15 Likes

12 Likes

Anyone here who can identify this album cover or that even knows what an album cover is - is OLD. Maybe not everyone. This record came out when I was in 5th grade. Nice job on this!

6 Likes

no joke my jaw drop at this, its so COOL!!! :open_mouth: :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, man! I want to do some more like it - like a sidestyle one and I don’t know what else. I think this would look cool as a sticker.

2 Likes

yeah a sticker would be sick, I love yoyo art so much

2 Likes

took this at the top of Mt kearsarge. Fun but annoying climb. Sadly, forgot my yoyo.:grimacing::grimacing:

6 Likes

If your yoyo is not in the photo I can’t believe you were really there…

6 Likes

You can tell from my shadow on the rocks.

I’ll make art for your company

Putting this here haha