I haven’t owned a Yoyofactory yo-yo since 2010. Which should I buy?

The last time I had a YYF yo-yo it was the og superstar. I’ve been out of the hobby for a bit, but now that I’m back I’m curious what everyone thinks is their best. There’s so many choices I don’t really know where to start
I picked up a BettyNova because the weight seemed interesting to me, but I’d like to get another.
Price isn’t really a concern.

2 Likes

I really like the new uppercut, and the skyline. I just got the skyline, and because it had hub stacks I didn’t bother to look at the specs. It is small, but I have really been enjoying it.

2 Likes

If you want bi metals can’t go wrong with any of Evans throws, or in my opinion the bind is top notch

4 Likes

The uppercut is a great one. And I recently bought a NSK gold bearing and I put that into the uppercut. I really wasn’t expecting much because it was already really good, but I think it was worth it. I’d say it’s my #2 yo-yo performance wise.

4 Likes

Kapital and Kommune are my two favorites of theirs at the moment.

7 Likes

I second this. Also the bi metal shutter (aka butter :smirk:)

1 Like

The shutter wide angle seems to have a similar shape to the superstar, but I have no idea how different they play

1 Like

The edge line is probably my favorite, the infinity lives up to its name in every way, but you can get the K edge in stores. Are you looking for something that’s in stock? If price isn’t a concern I’d hunt down Titanium Metavity.
On the other end of the spectrum if you like H shape the metal arrow is always a pleasure to pick up and it never disappoints.
It’s hard to go wrong with a YYF.
The shutter is another very solid all around pick and that is actually readily available.
If you prefer a Organic shape the new Knock Out K.O. is really awesome.

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Sounds like I need to try some form of Shutter.
The design philosophy of the Pragma caught my attention while browsing the store. That’s also a contender for me.

3 Likes

Buy an og edge.

I really really like the bi-metal shutter or Butter as some call it. I have my 3rd on the way.

1 Like

I concur. Real beast of a throw with a good feel, well rounded and powerful. I love my Ti-888 as well, but for more casual play.

Otherwise the Kapital. I like it better than the Shutter (wide angle, OG, championship weight WA, etc), the Bettynova, 1.5 Edge, and basically any other YYF that ive played.

6 Likes

Just wanted to say thanks everyone for helping me out. I picked up a BettyNova and an Uppercut and they’re both excellent. The Betty especially. It’s just so smooth
I’m still a noob, so these were perfect for my skill level. Will look into some of the more primo offerings once I’m better.

7 Likes