I have a design and I think we should discuss it! (Split from: Custom Machining...)

How about this?

That fixes the undercut and makes it better. The other issue is the spike in the center? Is that part of the hub or is it a side effect or something else I don’t know about. The spike in the center makes a point where it connects. It would be better if that was round.

Josh

Simply a spike. It has a point for matador. It could be dulled little bit, but not a ton or it would suck at matador

any spike that recessed into the yoyo will suck for matador. Look up the spyy revenger, it’s a wide throw with matador spikes. Maybe it’s just me, but they’re virtually unusable. And I don’t have particularly small hands.

I don’t mean to be rude at all, but I wouldn’t buy this yoyo either. It looks to me like the wall is far too thick, and the weight would be poorly distributed.

Do you mean to say you could make me a yoyo from one of my sketches if I added all the measurements? I have a design I a hoping to get machined one day, but I have no CAD program :frowning:

Its just a thought, i havent cosidered weight distribution

I agree with Hendy. Yes there were things milled back before the days of CAD, but since we aren’t in the stone age it’ll be good to use the equipment at hand. People got from city to city without cars, doesn’t mean that you should walk everywhere now.

If you want the design done, put a bit more effort in. Josh has already offered to do this stuff for free, so don’t ask him to work out the exact dimensions and make the CAD file himself as well. Show a bit more respect for Josh’s kindness.

At the very least, grab a ruler and a compass and make a decent, high quality sketch with at least a rough idea of the dimensions of the walls and stuff.

He doesnt want to make it because of the spike

1 Like

On an unrelated note, I JUST got your sig, andy. What a troll…

i like the shape of it quite a lot… but i think you should make the walls slightly thicker on the rims than in the cup. it would give it much more stability.

I agree 100%.

For me though, nothing better than something done from mind to piece.

I agree, CAD is useful. And since we have it we should use it. I comnented because I thought it was funny hendy said you ‘couldn’t’ make a yoyo without CAD. I meant no offense to anyone. And never do. I don’t think yye is the place for hate.

Please don’t put quotes around it unless I actually said it. All I said was this if he wants Josh to do it he needs to put more effort forward. I know you can machine things without CAD, but Josh did specifically ask for that in his thread.

If anyone wants a nice CAD program get Emachineshop! It’s what yomagic used to make the gambit!

Just downloaded it, figuring out how to use it.

you did say it… and just to note: I’m honestly not trying to be mean. Nothing I said, and what I’m saying now, is not meant to offend.

You’re really twisting my words there. I said you can’t machine based on a pencil sketch (which I admit is wrong, but you can’t machine based on the kind of sketch Apollo presented). I never said you couldn’t machine without CAD. I know I said something similar, but detail is everything. Please read more carefully before putting words in my mouth.

I am just glad that all of this isn’t still in my thread. lol

emachineshop isnt a bad program. I prefer SolidWorks which is a true cad package. I realize that most people can’t afford it. But they do support lots of student groups and non-profit organizations. If you do make your models in emachineshop and want to send them to someone else not using emachineshop use either a .step file or a .iges file. These are the generally accepted cross software formats.

Josh

never fear, my man hendy and I got things smoothed out.

Make sure when you guys use EMC to design out of the front view it’s ALOT easier. It’s the same thing as drawing up the cross section. It’s what I used to design my companies yoyo!