I found this extremely useful list for people that want the best>

I landed on this while surfing the internet for fantastic information.

Sometimes cutting edge help is online, just waiting to be found… and lucky me, I found it.

I don’t usually make Public Service announcements, but I will make an exception and save a good number of you from making purchasing mistakes.

What is the world’s best yoyo?

Image result for duncan imperial yoyo

Overall Product Rankings

1. Duncan Toys Limelight Light-Up Yo-Yo.
  2. Yomega Brain Auto-Return Yo-Yo.
  3. MAGICYOYO V3 Aluminum Yo-Yo.
  4. Yoyo King Merlin Narrow C Bearing Trick Yo-Yo.
  5. Yomega Fireball Transaxle Yo-Yo.
  6. MAGICYOYO N11 Unresponsive Bind Aluminum Alloy Yo-Yo.
  7. Duncan Toys Beginner Imperial Yo-Yo.
  8. Big Time Returnable Yo-Yo.

Feb 2, 2022

(Props to the Scientists that worked tirelessly to compile this incredible list of must haves.)

PS… here is a free inside tip. Buy #8. The Big Time is the best first choice because if you decide you don’t like it, it’s ‘Returnable’.

7 Likes

LMAO I see what you did there :rofl:

@yoyodoc How many of these models do you own?

If I had three from the list, I wouldn’t be so ashamed, but alas I have four. And yes that would ironically be #4 that brings me my shame. Maybe all just part of the journey to be the best - “Gateway Throws”

3 Likes

This is a revelation. No wonder I can’t do all the tricks yet, I have none of the best yoyos!

I have however used some of the best yoyos. I even wrote a review for the N11 on the store page recently. Why don’t you head on over and check it out!

1 Like

Number 5 and number 7

I have one of these. They’re basically a Raider with a transaxle. They’re actually a fairly good looper. I also have one that I made into a fixed axle with a BC wood sleeve. Again, a fair looper.

1 Like

I have most of these and the Duncan imperial can be fun if you set your expectations. Similarly the fireball is a decent looper.

I have the MAGICYOYO V3. It was my first “new” yoyo once I got back into the hobby. I can’t say I throw it much anymore, but it got me where I needed it to get me :smiley:

3 Likes

Your review was quite harsh!

The yo-yo’s marketed towards kids and beginners, and I doubt most of them care about factors like anodizing thickness.

It seems like you’re viewing it through the eyes of an adult collector, and not through the view of its target audience.

I’m sure there are other cheap beginner yo-yos that have “thicker anodizing”, but honestly, the people that nitpick so closely about factors like aluminum grade and anodizing type are probably mostly adult collectors, most of which wouldn’t touch a magicyoyo with a 20 foot pole.

I exclusively used a magicyoyo n11 for the first year and a half of my yoyoing, and it got me to a pretty good level of skill, single-handedly. Which is exactly what it’s designed to do. As a kid, I just loved putting in and taking out the weight rings, which is a neat touch. It makes kids feel like they’re changing up their options, and it’s fun to introduce the idea of rim weight.

I still throw mine sometimes, (and it’s still smoother than any of my one drops by the way) to this day. Also it’s still fun as heck.

Are there better options out there for $15 that might have thicker anodizing or something? Maybe. Do I think this yo-yo deserves 2 stars? No.

For what it is, I’ll give it at solid 8.5/10

2 Likes