I figured it out how to throw a spin top

Hello everyone!
Today was a great Day ! Finally thrown a spin top right. Yesterday I was practicing, but I kept screwing it up. Spin top kept on landing sideways or upside down.
After learning on the forum here, and trying to do it right this time, I did it!
Yesterday I bought 3mm cotton string . I realised it was duo to my technique and string length . My other string was too short and a bit thick.
So after I learned alot on the forum, and bought new string, it was time to practice!
Just like you say Neff, pretend you are like a robot, and not too slow :slight_smile:
Kept these things in mind and threw an (almost) perfect spinner!
After all the trouble with throwing a top, learning the right technique, I am finally ready to learn more! I can balance it on my hand for a few seconds too.
What I learned : tip facing upwards, throw like you would a frisbee, steady, aim for the floor. Release top when it crosses your body.
Thank you all for great support and lessons :smile:
There are not that many tutorials online , or good information on spin tops.
This forum and People helpen me alot!

11 Likes

Congrats! I’m glad you got it figured out!

2 Likes

Thank you :smile:

1 Like

Well done! Next learn how to control it

4 Likes

I watched alot of your video’s to get better at spinning tops :smile:
You are like a spin top guru to me!
I’ll try to get as good as you are.
practice is the key!

3 Likes

Chris is also a movie star. See if you can find a copy of Duncan Toys, “How to be a Player Vol.2” on line or DVD. This is from Vol. 1, just so know it’s legit, Steve Brown eats Ramen noodles.

2 Likes

never could get the boomerrang return down…i feel the need to dust off my duncan b.king.

also, takeshi is king!

mgodzilla

sunny…

1 Like

Do it! boomerang is a gateway trick, you will not know how you did without it once you get it down. Like the Duncan guys will tell you, just practice outside or at a friend’s house.

You can do it! Never give up, and indeed, like Kevinm says, practice OUTSIDE.
I’m a beginner to top throwing, and I landed it, so you can do it for sure :slight_smile:
Like the people at Itopspin.com told me: a graceful arch of the wrist. Don’t pull back, it’s like you out a fish with a fishing line! They taught me, and now, I will teach you :wink:
Many greets
Hydrona

1 Like

found the video’s on YouTube!
dowloaded it, so I can watch it on my tablet :slight_smile:
sure I’m gonna learn a LOT!
thanks for the link, pal :):+1:

1 Like