I anodized my first YOYO! (Titanium) check it out!

Before pics:
Throw: Titanium Fallen Angel

As soon as I heard anodizing was a thing that could be done by anyone(more or less), I was immediately fascinated and loved the idea of being able to anodize my own YOYO one day. But I soon realized doing so on aluminum yo-yos was probably a little more than I was ready to commit too.

Eventually I got my first titanium and found out all about Ti ano! And how much easier it was. This was a much more realistic option. Fast forward a year or two and had a few ti’s by now and still hadn’t given it a real try. And kinda forgot all about it, idk what restarted the interest I think it was a combination of things, seeing some old posts here on the forum about other guys trying it with great success really inspired me. Then I got a titanium fallen angel a few weeks ago. The the throw itself is probably my favorite mini I’ve ever thrown, but I was crazy about the the grey color it was cuz of the blasted finish. And if this is gna be my favorite throw I have to be in love with the color too. So here it was, here’s my chance t finally try my had at ano. On my favorite YOYO… for my first try ever… what could go wrong? lol. Well the answer actually is a whole lot. Luckily that’s not what happened.

After pics: I finally landed on colors I was happy with and decided to quit while I was ahead. I didn’t want to mess up and have to sand my YOYO. Here it is!

Now I got my own custom version a bape-ishhh ti fallen angel. I didn’t do that on purpose either I didn’t realize til just now actually that it’s almost the right colors, close enough for me. What do u guys think? I definitely wanna give another try. It’s so fun. If anyone wants a detailed write up of the process lmk n ill post that in the mods section

45 Likes

Stellar work!! Congratulations, that came out awesome!!

3 Likes

Dude, that looks awesome! :heart_eyes:

Good work!

4 Likes

Sweet. Nice work

2 Likes

wowzer! first time - you knocked it out of the ballpark man. great job, imo

2 Likes

Yeah very first time. It’s pretty straight forward and as long as u follow the process and are aware of the rules and parameters, for example knowing which voltages lead to which colors as long as u start off at the very lowest and slowly work ur way up you should be able to end up with a color u like. Thanks everyone. Honestly this is def gna become a new hobby for sure! I’m hooked. Now if only I had more titanium! :laughing:

3 Likes

Really cool!!

1 Like

The fact that you can undo the anodization is so cool to me. I’m sure you’ve seen Dylan‘s video upping the voltage high enough to turn it back to raw.

2 Likes

Actually I haven’t watched that specific part I don’t think. But I have watched his vids as well as many others. I used other videos from other people that were unrelated to yo-yos but better overall imo. But Dylan’s were my foundation obviously that got me jump started. But I’m actually curious to go find that now lol

1 Like

Nice job man! You never forget your first.

2 Likes

Looks so sick Mikey! Great work man!

1 Like

That looks amazing! Great job!

1 Like