Hubstacked a Float! (And Hattrick!)

Anyone remember when Ricerocket and other modders would do this all the time? Finally mustered up the confidence to try! An aluminum rod is press fit into the body, so the yoyo is still one piece. Then I tapped the rod for a M4x0.7 axle, and cut the rod to be a hubstack post. Yoyo is still dead smooth and smooth on the stacks too! Wonder what I’ll do next haha.

32 Likes

I really want to try this

1 Like

The last modder!

6 Likes

Awesome! Great work!

2 Likes

Looks great! Really clean looking post - how much does it way with the stacks on?

4 Likes

What a fantastic mod. Great stuff. I’d love one!

6 Likes

Around 63 grams or so. The hubstacks don’t really change the floaty feel at all which is nice.

6 Likes

Send me a float and I’ll do it up lol

6 Likes

They’re the reason I modded some plastics on my wood lathe for fun. Turned out OK. Recessed some Lynn Fury pads and minor mods, but only plastic. Nice work!

This looks so sick. Congrats on such a clean execution.

1 Like

Nice work as usual. :+1:

1 Like

Did it again to a Hattrick! Super smooth still, slight vibe on the stacks but very negligible!

10 Likes

I only see now, fantastic job! congrats!
However, ruining the spikes for a Hatrick, which are among the best I have ever tried, to put hubstacks, is a sacrilege!

4 Likes

Hatrick looks so classy raw

1 Like

Haha so funny story, I decided to go through with this because I already messed up the spike :sweat_smile:. Put in too long of an axle and damaged one of them.

5 Likes

Then you are forgiven! :grin:

2 Likes

You “Hattricked” and “Floated” your hubstacks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly though, I like having hubstacks on the Hattrick so much I wanna do it again!

2 Likes

Then you are a “recidivist” :joy: