HowDAndre Boulay Set His Dark Magic

I’ve just got a new DM and was wondering how Andre has set his. I’ve also just ordered a KK Bearing. Will this help? ??? :wink:

I’m not sure about the bearings but I think it is just stock bearings maybe with a little thin lube and also he had taken 1 cap off, to do this you just have to get a suction cup and just pull it off it comes off real easy

andre has a kk in his

André does explain this in several videos. Also, how you set up your yoyo is completely up to you. Set it up after your needs and preferences, not after André, because he has other needs and preferences.

yea he plays one cap on one cap off. i personally hate that, though if you want to so bad: andre’s setup is occasionally changing
KK,sillicone,Cap trick
Stock
flat,sillicone, cap trick
just a few of them.

You guy’s are forgetting the pixy dust!

I’m pretty sure Andre uses a KK, and one cap. Other than that I am pretty sure that it is completely stock.

And his godly yoyo skills and amazing throw… I think he bottles that and puts a few drop in his bearing…

Try this set up

No caps,
Cleaned flat bearing
one red shim and one grey shim on each side and some good new string
and silicone the o-ring side…

Makes one great playing Dark Magic

you could put the kk in if you want, andre had been yoyoing for a lot of years so he coul do all of his tricks in a stock one, i think

KKs are a waste of money…just work on your throw

OK honestly I think you should leave Andre’s set-up and find one that you like. One that fits your style.

I once read an interview with him… kinda angry i dont have a link. >< but anywho i hear that he uses mercury bearings. But yeah, just work on your throw.

He puts a drop of unicorn blood in the bearing, coats the metal with plutonium, and sets up his caps with magic.

Nah its not plutonium, its mithril… Kinda like Bilbo’s tunic… and in the early videos when he’s playing responsive its platypus blood…

And there’s his mad skill too… But thats not important…

Completely wrong, it IS plutonium.

Also, in the earlier days he used Dragon blood.

I’ve been yoyoing a long time. I know my stuff.

Incorrect. he uses TYPE A7204 Plunonium. as for the dragon blood… that is correct. He also took my eye. Don’t know why :cry:

haha lol

A drop of unicorn blood would probably have some amazing effects!

But alas:
In the beginning section of the tutorial videos the Dark Magic used is setup with a tightened gap and thick lube on the bearing keeping it very responsive.
In the advanced trick videos the Dark Magic is setup using a KonKave bearing with a wider gap to make it completely unresponsive.

I am currently using a Center Trac bearing with no shims in my Dark Magic.

Your eye? A counterweight of course…

And yeah, I can understand switching to Unicorn Blood… Dragon Blood just got too expensive…

Unfortunately Plunonium doesn’t exist… so no, it IS plutonium.