How - Ways to bind

If it is snaggy, just roll the yoyo and have the loop twist around the bearing an extra time.

1 Like

Thanks guys! Got it. Where I was going wrong was throwing to the inside (ie throwing too far out towards my NTH) which simply caused it to not bind at all. Rolling to the inside but releasing when the yoyo is on a straight upwards trajectory worked perfectly.

I’m amazed at how smooth that bind is. It SEEMS like it has potential to be snaggy, but in the 10 or so times I’ve thrown it correctly, not a snag to be had! I like that you can spin it around the finger an extra time or two, as well.

those are really unpredictable, so i wouldn’t really recommend those. that bind has the tendency to not catch right.

They almost always snag for me. YOu have to get the loop right in the gap, and the loop has to be really big… They just aren’t consistent.
GregP, for the new bind, there is a little combo I made for it. I actually thought I invented the bind, but I guess I didn’t :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Trapeze
  2. Double or Nothing
  3. Drop the string around your pointer throw finger, and roll into trapeze
  4. Do a move like Skin the Gerbil
  5. Swing off the trapeze into Trapeze Brother
  6. Bind

Called it spine chill :slight_smile:

I learned how to do the presidents bind after seeing it here and I was just wondering if I’m doing it right. Hard to learn with no tutorials.

Nice! I’ll give it a go as soon as I’ve learned Skin the Gerbil. :wink:

Glad I’m using my ONE for practicing Sky Bind instead of my metals.  My throw hand would be eaten alive.  :P  Perhaps I’m throwing it too hard for bind practice, but I’ve also had problems where the loop of the bind does not unravel but rather remains and creates one monster of a bind.

yes! How do I do that?

Practice. Get the yoyo close to your NTH index, then just swing it on the inside of your arms and then let go as you bring it around. I’ll try to make a tutorial tomorrow if I remember.

i misunderstood the bind that he talked. I can do that.

I’ll make a video tomorrow, sit tight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx62-HItB9k&feature=youtu.be

From a normal sleeper I like to throw a plastic whip. Then do one flip back towards myself and throw forward. Makes a nice one handed bind that doesn’t snag.

I think it depends on your response. If it’s really grabby, you can get snags. If you figure out the right speed and angle for the forward throw, you can minimize snags, though. When I switch between yoyos, it takes a couple of attempts to relearn the best “bind from plastic whip” angle and power. :wink:

Yeah, certain yoyos don’t need the flip at all.

I think I do something similar, just that I use a sideways whip then spin it to bind.

Check out the “bind” section in the video section of HighSpeedYoYo.

There are a couple there that look pretty smooth/flashy. And definitely learn that “sky bind” posted earlier, super consistent bind and it’s really cool looking.

anything will work right with practice :wink: