How true is this Apex vs Fortnite meme

Looks fun

1 Like

Diablo2 was so great. I was more of a hammerdin guy. Also loved my smiter that could solo the Ubers. I was D2 rich

1 Like

Who liked Donkey Kong Country?

2 Likes

Truth^

Dang boi you replied fast!
(Also I haven’t been on in a month and I’m peed cause since I got so many comments on my “Are you subscribed 2 PDP” post now I can only post 2 things at a time!!!)

1 Like

Just saw your post, dude. Hell-to-the-yeah!

Although filthy Paladin trash like yourself were one of the only classes that could consistently whoop me in duels if they were good. Especially hammerdins. Magic damage too, so couldn’t even stack Rez against them really.

And what a lame way to duel. Teleporting around firing off hammer fields. I mean what kind of coward fights like that? Oh…well…I guess my sorceress. But hdins are still garbage :wink:

1 Like

Lol I hear ya. I made a ridiculous melee sorceress for PvP. Cost so many high runes

Allllll about them HRs my man. The economy in that game was crazy though. Because there wasn’t any real currency with widely agreed upon prices for valuable gear, you could really come up just through trading if you were smart. Almost every other MMO it’s cut and dry: Sword X costs Y amount of gold.

But D2 was pretty much all bartering of items for items, instead of buying with a currency. HRs were the closest thing, but even with those, people could have way different ideas of how many HRs their Enigma was worth.

I miss joining just general trade games and just seeing what people had to offer. I don’t miss having your rusher bail out on you mid Nightmare or Hell leaving you at level 3 or some ■■■■ where every single mob would one shot you haha.

When we got bored we used to run this game on people where we’d be recruiting for our “clan” hahaha. Youd stand right along the wall inside of town, and have people go outside and walk down to be right on the other side of the wall. That way I could see them drop their gear on the ground without the risk of me picking it up. HOWEVER, they usually didn’t notice my geared to the teeth Merc was wondering around on their side…

“Trust test” commences, gear drops, clock hostile button, and Merc one shots naked victim. Then it was a race to the pile of goodies, but they were a good 10 sec behind after respawning and running from middle of town. Plenty of time hahaha.

Usually me and my friend (the newest “clan recruit” who’d play along by completing the drop test first to show it was legit) would give most or all the stuff back. But oh my God, just watching the ensuing meltdowns was worth more than any gear could ever be.

Those levels took forever!

Honestly? Different crowds in my opinion. Apex is more structured and strategic. Team behind Fortnite has even admitted end of rounds is just a building war. Apex doesn’t have that whatsoever. In Apex downed teammates can be rescued promoting a lot more teamwork in the game.

But that’s an outsider looking in, I didn’t get sucked into Royale games…

They just added that to Fortnite in the form of “reboot vans”… so…

1 Like

I play both fortnite and Apex. Apex Legends was pretty much like COD or any fps shooter so it got monotonus after a while. Fortnite is much similar to yo-yoing in a sense that, despite it’s ultra-high skill-ceiling, it can be enjoyed by a wide variety of players, no matter the skill.

Apex will never top fortnite, nothing will(for now, that game hasnt been released yet). I would even bet on it becoming more iconic than COD during it’s golden days. Every shooting game is the same with only slight gimmicky variations. This is where the accidental genius of fortnite overthrows everything. The building aspect makes you have an RTS game 1vs1 while playing a shooting game.

For the fortnite yoyoers out there, add me and lets squad up :slight_smile:

https://fortnitetracker.com/profile/pc/WentTooFast

I play Nethack

Well right now it’s erong as Apex is dying XD

“Wrong”

How is it dying? By what metric? Number of simultaneous streamers?

1 Like

idk about you guys but i played minecraft for 5 hours straight the other day and i gotta tell you that its miles more fun and relaxing compared to these other games

1 Like

I do not get minecraft. I need stuff constantly blowing up and body parts flying through the air, man.

This thread is making me feel old. Back in my day (old man voice) it took 39 other people working together to get some sweet stuff.
PC > any console (other than n64)
Horde Allday.

4 Likes

Number of people going back to Fortnite

Idk, I liked Xbox and ps2 just fine too. Especially campaign games. Live stuff just always felt too fast paced. I grew up on Nintendo, n64 and Gameboy though

2 Likes