How to remove the rims off an egde 3.0

Im trying to mod my edge 3.0 and I want to take the rims off of it, but nothing seems to work. Anyone got any tips.

Did you want to reuse the rims after removing them? It sounds like a dumb question, but it’s a serious one.

3 Likes

What mod would you want to perform by taking the rims off? I would highly suggest against attempting to take the rims off. And I would not attempt @tempura’s method either, twisting extremely hard can lead to stripping the threads of the yoyo.

5 Likes

I second whatever @yoyospirit says. Don’t destroy your yoyo.

2 Likes

Yeah, actually you’re right. Tbh if op has to ask this, I don’t see anything good coming from this.

That was something I came up with after 5 seconds of thought, shouldn’t have posted it.

1 Like

Flashbacks to the grasshopper rim removal thread…

3 Likes

I don’t know if this works on the edge but the yyf tool works on the shutter evo. In theory, if there is enough of an edge on the steel rim to catch a tool on you would be able to press them off.

1 Like

Run it over with a semitruck (30% success rate)

2 Likes

It does not. The Edge has a different rim fit interface than the Shevo does.

2 Likes

Why would you want to mod the yoyo. Moving the rims will likely cause the yoyo to vibe like crazy.

1 Like

im all for modding especially if a yoyo is already damaged. if the yoyo if fine im not sure removing the rims is worth it.

1 Like