How to remove a YYJ bearing?

Hmm… Actually, it occurs to me that you may have something that could work. Are you able to take the axle out by twisting it counter-clockwise? Or, do you have any Allen wrenches?

Yeah, I am able to take the axle out by twisting it counter-clockwise

Some pens are able to fit in size C bearings. Bic comes to mind. See if you have any pens that fit in there and try to wiggle it out.

Fit on where I think it is impossible to get out without pliers. I was thinking about going to Walmart, find the pliers section, take it off, then put it back on the shelf. Then BAM free pliers, without me “stealing”. GENIUS I TELL YOU!!!

I think it is impossible to get it out without pliers*

Go to the hardware store, then, and find a bolt or something that fits in the bearing and wiggle it off. That is all a bearing removal tool would do.

If that doesn’t work, I’d be glad to remove it for you if you sent it to me.

I don’t have issues with YYJ bearings being gripped by the axle. Most just fall out.

String trick:

Wrap a string OVER the axle and bearing, screw back together, unscrew. The axle should be stick on the “string side”. Pull to remove.

DO NOT go nuts with pressure. Go normal tightness. Otherwise, you could crack the plastic. It’s unlikely but possible.

Where do I put the things inside of the bearing to remove it?

Find something to fit in where I colored pink. It has to fit down in the inner race of the bearing. That’s the round part of the bearing closest to the axle. Does that make sense? Put it in there and wiggle it out. Do you understand how that could remove the bearing?

Here. I color-coded the bearing parts for you:

Green= outer race
Blue= inner race
Orange= balls

After all of this, have you looked here?

List of useful modification and maintenance guides

Which might possibly lead to:

How to remove a stuck bearing.

Or:

How to remove a stuck bearing - string method.

Hmm. I see. I’ll give it a shot. I thought you meant to put the pen in where the bearing edge is at, if yypu know what I mean? Thanks let me try

Here’s a video showing the string trick method:

And I thought I had problems getting the bearing out. Anything that you can stick in the center of the bearing to wiggle it will work. Even lightly tapping it with something at an angle would probably free it up without damaging the seat. Mine was really tight too and stays that way every time I put it in there.

Stick the yoyo in the freezer for about 40 minutes, then try to pull the bearing out.