How to make the simple amazing...ly hard.

I got a new no-jive recently, it is the ‘play simply’ ed-ition and it is a great fixed axle butterfly yo-yo. It got me thinking about how much things have changed since I started, and the best yo-yo you could get was a no-jive,( IMO anyways) . After trying to learn brain twister and the harder string tricks with wood yo-yos in the imperial shape, getting butterfly styles and bearings was a welcome relief to the struggle of throwing light, touchy yo-yo as hard as you could and trying to speed through a trick and have enough spin for a loop return.
Anyways if you ever feel like you need a boost of inspiration, try breaking out an old narrow gap fixy and see what you can do with it. If nothing else it will give you a new found appreciation for your bearing throws. The tricks are simple, but amazingly hard

1 Like

It’s good stuff! I still got Superman on a fixed under my belt. 8)

You jerk. Way to set the bar way too high. Lol. Seriously, though, I strongly agree with this thread and much respect for the superman

1 Like

I recently got a No Jive also, but I’m still working on brain twister :slight_smile:

like gerry lopez said about surfing, “the first 10 years or so are just to figure out if you like it”. i feel like that applies to fixed axle throwing, too. it’s a lifelong challenge, and i’m stoked anytime i hear about other folks on it.

1 Like

If a Replay Pro without the bearing counts, then this’ll be fun… 8)