How to consistently hit lacerations?

Looking for advice about how to consistently hit the laceration into trapeze. The motion itself I get but it always feels like a crapshoot as to whether or not I hit it. Or is it just a matter of practice and just knowing where my yo will be just due to muscle memory?

1 Like

Practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. Aim.

2 Likes

Here’s my four tips if you have a trouble landing a trick and it will make a big difference.

• Shorter String Length (prefer belly button level for good measure)
  • Thicker String (Fat type/Stretched)
  • Double check the trick video for additional explanation on how it works (This is just an example if you learned it from youtube)
  • Practice makes Perfect!
2 Likes

Swing the string right up to the gap and put the finger out on the other side above the string coming off your Yoyo finger like aim for above the string coming off the Yoyo finger right on the other side of the Yoyo and you should hit it every time then you can move out for style and fun…this post is like two or three months old so I don’t know if you skipped this trick or if you got it tight by now so if you did…how’d you do it? what worked for you? I don’t know I just saw this post and was curious and I think there is a better way w this one than practice practice because there is an easy technique to hit it every time

2 Likes

I can whip into a trapeze every time, but hitting an actual laceration I find to be a little tricky. I try to whip and get the yoyo as close to the throw hand as possible to make as big of a loop as possible.

Also, I find that I can’t pop the yoyo to a height even with my hands. It has to be slightly below my hands and the string has to hit the gap and fling upwards around the bearing to create that extra twist in the string as I poke my finger in. If I pop the yoyo too high I just get a regular trapeze instead of a laceration.

1 Like

Wait what’s the difference? Finger out or pop it in? Maybe I’m wrong then? I whip and pop the finger into the loop right on the other side of the yoyo and end in a trapeze but maybe I misunderstood what the trick is? feels like a suicide almost or something but let me know if I’m mixing my tricks up because that’s embarrassing :flushed:

That’s what most people think a laceration is. A whip into a trapeze. But I watched a video by Andre once that said an actual laceration is where the string has an extra twist in it. It looks like a trapeze but if you were to pop the yoyo up, there’s an extra wrap around your finger.

In order to get it, you have to do the whip motion, but let the string hit the gap and wait a second for the string to coil and make a twist before you stick your finger into the loop and land into the pseudo trapeze.

1 Like

Ooooo I didn’t know that I just went off the Yotricks video but I’m definitely curious to see that…imma try to see if I can make that way work and I’ll try to find that vid in the old yye video archive on YouTube…pretty sure this is a spencer berry trick but I’m not sure thanks for hitting me w that knowledge dart

1 Like

I think it’s this video.

2 Likes

Okay got it so it’s got to hit the yo first then finger in to be the og laceration…will need to play w it to see if I can get it as consistent as the other way…thanks again for the info…glad I bumped this thread or I never would have known!

1 Like

It’s kinda tricky but really neat when you land it. Although, I will admit that I find it less useful than the regular whip to trapeze.

1 Like

Yeah it’s absolutely harder that way too like I’m ending w the twist so I think I’m doing it right now…hmmm probably will just stick w the whip to trapeze because this seems way harder to get that consistent and I don’t want to be practicing this that much so I guess everyone was right earlier and practice practice practice is the key hah!

Yo just want to say I went back to this again and this tip helped me get it locked up good now plus like a more aggressive whip and doing the uneven hands dramatic like putting th over the Yoyo some and got lots in a row so thank you! probably will use the whip w no twist if I do this more too but still…can be pretty consistent and does look sick…good to know :bowing_man:

2 Likes