How to clean the body of a yo-yo?

My AC2 after all these years feels kinda like grimey in the hand and not as smooth as it was stock. I’ve trued to use isopropyl alcohol on a paper towel and it didn’t really help. How can I get that smooth texture back? Thanks

Although It’s sold out here, I’ve heard this works great

2 Likes

Have you tried ordinary soap and water. Avoid windex or any other cleaner containing ammonia as it tends to corrode aluminum almost on contact.

4 Likes

I hear this stuff works wonders but it’s sold out everywhere!

1 Like

Does it work well? I have yet to try anything other than isopropyl in fear of damaging the throw but I’ve thought of useing soap and water as well

1 Like

Soap and water cannot harm aluminum. It CAN, however, harm your bearings, and axle. Remove these before cleaning and rinsing. Take your time to dry it off and blow out the axle’s hole if any water got inside to make sure to 100% dry before putting the axle back in. A rusty axle is a sad axle.

3 Likes

Maybe soap water and a little harder scrubbing with a stiff plastic brush?

1 Like

Thank you all for suggestions! @Damb found Buff on Amazon (last 1 in stock!) so I’ll use that. I hope this helps someone else because I think I maybe have been the one to buy the last jar of Buff RIP

1 Like