How to clean a SPEC bearing?

How do you clean out a SPEC bearing? I tried putting mine is paint thinner and then putting thin lube into it, but it still doesn’t spin very well and is responsive. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

You probably put too much lube in. Use very sparingly or not at all.

Exactly.

Remove the shields from the bearing.

Soak and agitate the bearing in the mineral spirits. Minimum 15 minutes. You don’t have to shake it the whole time, just here and there.

Thoroughly dry the bearing using a paper towel to wick most of it out. Flip after 5-10 minutes.

Spin the bearing on a pencil or paint brush or large chopstick to try. Wood items work best. This might take a few minutes. If you have compressed air, those “air dusters” work fantastic for this, use that to help blow the rest out.

Then, if you’re going to lube, use half what you think you’d need, then use even less. That’s going to be all you’ll need. You can always just replace the shields at this point and drop it in the yoyo and run it dry instead of using lube. You can always lube it later.

Andre’s lubing method is to put a drop, yes an entire drop of thin lube on a shielded bearing.

I recommend just using a pin and getting a small drop on that and then touching that small drop to one of the balls. Spin the bearing a few times on the pen or whatever and then put it in the yoyo.