How old are all you guys if you don’t mind me asking?

But like im younger soooooo

2 Likes

Ayyyyyyy, I’m 16!

3 Likes

I’m 11

3 Likes

We aren’t the only young kids on this forum. There is @EthanV and @TheYoyoer27

3 Likes

Mid-thirties here, and I admit I have kids and a job

4 Likes

Heck grandpa and I used to hunt bronrtosauraus for all the clan rituals.

4 Likes

I’m old. Just not as old as @yoyodoc or @Grendel :grin:

3 Likes

I’m 19 with the mind of another dumber 19 year old

2 Likes

I’m 19, started using YYE forums when I was 13-14? Around the time I was 15 was been the forums were really booming and there were a lot of people around my age and under 20-25 active on the forums back then.

3 Likes

When it comes to discussing toys, I think we’re all essentially little kids. Just that some of us may have more $$ to buy more toys. Yoyos are a great equalizer.

7 Likes

I’m 53, but in terms of yoyo experience I’m only 4 months old (I don’t count the yoyoing I did as a kid forty years ago). I don’t think one ever truly outgrows their love of toys unless they’ve completely lost their ability to experience fun.

I will say, though, that it bugs me a little when people refer to yoyos as “just toys” as if to marginalize and trivialize them; to deny them any weight of importance just because they aren’t essential to survival or necessary for satisfying adult responsibilities. I would counter-argue that yoyoing can be a highly valuable activity, if taken even a little bit seriously, every bit as much as regular exercise (both physical and mental). This elevates them in my mind from “just toys” to (potentially) “useful instruments”.

9 Likes

……………

4 Likes

In the end though I think they are just toys. I, as a yoyo enthusiast, would feel stupid calling a yoyo an instrument. You can do a lot of crazy things with the toy but… it’s a toy.

I’m the president of the Billiards Club at my university and I love pool, but it’s just a game, I’m not going to call it a sport because it’s not.

4 Likes

…………

3 Likes

I mean I did say “I” would feel stupid. You can feel proud telling people you play with an “instrument of imagination, learning, and creativity” but I won’t be doing that anytime soon :joy:

5 Likes

#immediatelikes

1 Like

Well, you’re absolutely free to not regard pool a sport, but the World Confederation of Billiards Sports (and much of its membership) would probably disagree with you. I realize it is a matter of perspective, but I just think trivializing and/or marginalizing a high-skill activity is not only a bit disingenuous, it is less than constructive when it comes to expanding its reach and building a buttress against the shame-culture that adults face any time they admit to enjoying something regarded as childish by the uninitiated.

7 Likes

Well done on that speech sir!

2 Likes

……………

Agreed.