How often should I clean my bearing?

How often should I clean my bearing? I cleaned it about 2-3 weeks ago, but I’m already noticing a difference in spin time. Any advice? (By the way, it’s a OneDrop 10-ball)

Certainly less often than every 2-3 weeks normally. However:

The simple answer is: clean it whenever it needs cleaning. :wink:

OD 10-balls seem to like getting responsive and screechy when they’re new. That’s just my experience. I usually play through it for a little while and if it’s not seeming to break in, I’ll clean and lube it again.

Ok, thanks for the advice. I’ll keep it in mind.

How often? As often as needed, but as infrequently as possible.

When it comes to lube, lube is just something used to prevent wear. Less is more.

I think your 10Ball is still breaking in. Wait until the screeching stops and then clean it again.

I don’t ever “clean” my bearing, I only lube it.

You’re in fine company. Jonrob came by and mentioned that he never needs to maintain his bearings, either. :wink:

On the other hand, I’ve done trades or bought yoyos off people and the bearings they came with were way too responsive. Makes me wonder how many people either:

a) just suffer through it either willingly or not knowing the difference
b) have superior technique and don’t accidentally bind just because of a little slack

I guess there’s the more likely option:

c) toss on one of their cruddy bearings just to include a bearing. :wink:

1 Like

Most likely, depending on the seller. I’ve had some real winners in that category.