How much is it to make yoyos?

Im not sure if this is supposed to be here but, okay so I’m starting to make a yoyo team and I want to make yoyos for the team. I have the designs but how much does it usually cost?

Well lets just say it will be right around $500 for “1” prototype.

Just buy some. It’ll be way cheaper and easier to do. Contact YYJ about their bulk deal on Projams perhaps.

Haha!! I hope the Agape will be produced soon.

depands on weather there wood, metal, or plastic.

ohh ya sry I forgot to mention.
Aluminum

k, then i guess icthus would be the best one too know. I don’t know if he was joking or being serious when he said $500, i wouldn’t because i’m not “in with the big boys” lol

well i talked to a guy that would make it and said it would cost 80$ but if i got like 5 theyed be 50$

I do not believe Icthus was exaggerating. However, It wouldn’t cost much more to make multiples of it, as the time to set everything up and starting the machines is the main cost. Pretty much just as easy to make 2 as it is to make 1. If you make more, the only real added cost is the raw material, and if you run quite a few, an hour or so more.

So the initial cost is most.

Dude, Icthus knows. He’s the owner of Ikyo and he designed the Agape. He wasn’t joking when he said 500 dollars. And I don’t know how Buddhasfusion is planning on making these yoyos for everybody on the team. I don’t mean to be bitter or anything, I think it’s a cool idea, but where’s he going to get all that money?

Maybe he has a friend who is a Nigerian prince…

That’s extremely unlikely. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you can get one that cheap them go for it but I must warn you, I know a lot of people that are master machinists and what I said is what they would charge writing the program, buying the material and machining them. I just hope this guy understands tolerances. In yoyo’s they are very tight!

so i work for a fab company (we specialize in code oil and natural gas work). when we need things machined our designer writes a design, and we send it to a machining shop (a shop that specializes in hi precision lathe and cold working).they should be able to get the job done right. and their right when they say it is cheaper to make more because of startup time and so on. if i were you, and you were just making yoyo’s to give to your team (not to market and sell). i would look around at some of the industrial machining outfits in your area. i cant say it will only be 50 bucks for 5, but i can say it definitely wont be 500 bucks either.

buy cheap aluminums from china and reshape it

good thinking, but the shipping is going to be like $50

well im making about 10-15 first run I’m gonna sell to the local people around be and give the first ones to my team members and get feed back on how good they were and if they like em im gonna make like 30 and sell em over the internet. The guy who said he’d make them said no problem but he’s not gonna be back fromo his trip to germany till 2nd week in June so I have time to plan things.

i think that won’t do much for lower the price.
the cost of a yoyo is more determined by research, processing (including writing a program and cutting the yoyo), tools, and so on.

I don’t know where you guy’s are getting your things made but one off things aren’t that cheap. I mean most machine shops charge around $65 per hour. Figure that one into your budget. From start to finish it won’t be 1 hour that’s for sure. More like 4 or 5.

Now I’m not going to say it’s not worth it. Do what you want man, but you gotta make sure you know what you’re doing.

Back in the day we would just get Profly’s and change the caps on them.

LOL