How many hours do you think you have put into yoyoing?

Looking at close to 7000 hours.

1 Like

Great question, stookie!

Combining the time in the late nineties with the time since I started up again, I’m guessing about 3000 hours.

1 Like

Let’s not forget that 10,000 hours makes you world-class at the hobby!

1 Like

does @stookie 10,000 hours include tape. or is it all on the string?

1 Like

I’ve been yoyoing for three years and eight months with about 2.5 hours of practice a day. So total I’ve been yoyoing for 3300 hours.

2 Likes

Lol well… 8 years later. Still on it.
I’ll call it 10k hours at this point for sure.

1 Like

TOOL? Stinkfist

1 Like

Soooo to people that have played 10,000 hours, do you go to nationals or something?

t > 180

I think that 10,000 thing is a myth. I’m gonna start keeping track.

1 Like

I’ve gone to nats, lots of regionals, worlds many times…

I don’t think 10000 hours “means” or equates to anything. It’s just time. Practice doesn’t make perfect - it IS perfect. With a thing like yoyoing, you spend all this time refining your skill/attitude/approach, and it really doesn’t matter where you “get to” or what you achieve. You spend WAY more time/energy investing in the actual practice, and if that isn’t enough on its own, none of the other stuff will be either.

5 Likes

Well, to be perfectly honest.

I practiced for 20,000 hours over a 22 year period; so I would be completely prepared for the challenge of my first yo-yo demonstration.

The job was a 10 minute demo in front of a Class if Kindergarten students.

Sadly, when I show up at the school. I found out that they were already all graduated from College. And some of them were already married with children.

The good news is that in another 5 years; I will be going back to give the yo-yo demonstration to their children.

Prolly a good thing anyways. I figure in another 5 years I will have my 1 and a half mount Wired!

:clown_face:

8 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob:

More than I could tally up but not nearly enough! I still have the rest of my life to add to the total! :smiley:

4 Likes

Its totally a myth, but its a nice number to benchmark against for the amount of focused practice to master something. But mastery is also kind of tricky to define too as things progress, technology changes, etc.

Im probably only at around 200 or so hours (not even a year in), but that number goes up every day :slight_smile:
I should figure out how much time I spend at work throwing, then find my hourly yoyo rate

1 Like

If you ask people I know, probably too many hours, but if you were to ask me, then probably far too few.

4 Likes

I wanna be a myth buster… Which makes me wonder what the right way to do 10,000 hours is.

1 Like

If you worked full time 40 hours a week at it for one year that would be 2080 hours. So in about five years you’ll be there around 10,000 hours. You can also put in some overtime, but be mindful of burnout which could set you back. You have to live it.