How long does it take to get better?

Sorta echoing what some have already said but, just have fun with it. Unless you think you want to compete in one capacity or another it’s just a pass-time. Personally, I have a repertoire of tricks I like to do, then I’ll see one somewhere and add it to my list, practicing it until I get it down. I’ve been doing it a long time, but only because it’s still fun to me. When you don’t enjoy something, it tends to be harder to learn.

tldr: don’t set a schedule for yourself, just do it as often and as long as you want to.

5 Likes

I initially learned one advanced trick but it was really sloppy. It took me about a total of about 2 weeks over the span of about a year of constantly practicing and seeing where I can smooth things out to get it down real nice. So I think in terms of getting better with 1A I’d say maybe like 2 years total. Learn new tricks here and there, smoothing them out, and finding new routes and seeing/feeling how different elements combine

2 Likes

going on 3 years and i’m not “good”. with that said i’m having a blast making the slow progress that I am.

4 Likes

A wise man told me once that it takes 2000 hrs to get really good at something and 10,000 hrs to master it.

3 Likes

Sorry I add something more as this came to my mind.

If you want to progress faster and steady, meet frequently people that play seriously and want to learn seriously, you will start to push each other and teach tricks each other, this will help you to improve at least at double speed.
When I started I used to meet every other day with a guy that was already a very experienced player, this helped me to progress so much faster.

Yes, one of the secrets is find friends that play in your area and meet them every single possible time!

7 Likes

Yeah I keep wishing I had someone more experienced to throw with. Someone who could give me suggestions in the moment, watch what Im doing and help me tweak it.

Im planning to go to my next local meet up but there doesnt seem to be one scheduled yet :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

A long time.

1 Like