How important is the colorway in deciding to buy a yoyo?

I will buy a yoyo that im interested in but not so stoked on the color. I would not buy a yoyo i know I dont like just because I love the color. Im more about funtionality and how the yoyo makes me feel when i play it. I bought an OP Yoyo because i thought it looked like a tone of fun, though i wasnt crazy about the color. Im glad I did because i really enjoy playing it even though its suuuuuper pink.

2 Likes

That actually sounds instinctively accurate.

Because yellow and brown are ‘standard’ human exhaust color ways.

So I think most people find those dis-stink-ly distasteful.

:poop:

5 Likes

Damn doc…you need me to send you a jug of water to stay hydrated?

5 Likes

_5004107

I named this one SOS which stands for shades of ■■■■. Maybe you could go looking for one lol

10 Likes

Buying a yoyo based on colorway is like choosing a car based on color.

2 Likes

Why should I look for something that you already found?

2 Likes

Color definitely impacts my choice. However I am pretty open to almost anything but browns and black. I prefer solids normally over splashes but half swaps are my favorite. Surprised by the green hate. I have more green than any other color. Not on purpose just how it happened. I do love the green of the wasabi.

2 Likes

I bought a car last year, and was much less interested in its color than I am of my yo-yos’ colors.

2 Likes

Hey, if cars only cost $50, I’d probably have many that I bought based largely on the color.

4 Likes

I take colors into consideration after I’ve decided I’m interested in a yoyo based on specs, shape, etc. I’m usually interested in multiple colors that drop. The only type of colorway I’m really interested in getting that breaks the above rule is a swirl colorway, hopefully from g2 or the new od swirl stuff

3 Likes

I do not care unless they come in hot pink then I’m sold.

1 Like

I very rarely buy my favorite color option on yoyos. I really like cool fades and splashes but I’m so cheap that the pricetag on solids usually reel me in.

2 Likes

Not much. I’m more about avoiding colors i don’t like. Any other colors i’m pretty ok with.

• Colorways i actively avoid: Gold, Red.
  • Colorways i’m not a fan but also not dealbreakers: Black, Clear.

I like splashes, but i’ve seen some really hideous ones.

5 Likes

Not a lot of people have had the pleasure of speaking to yoyodoc or meeting him in real life. If they did, they’d know that most of the things he says are in jest. Even when he’s serious, he tries to say things in a funnier way. That’s simply his style. Not everyone will appreciate that, but it’s genuine, and it’s not meant to insult people.

I realize that this is a forum where people type various things or hide behind a keyboard, and that we don’t get to understand their personalities as well as we would in real life. But let’s not jump to conclusions, and especially, let’s not resort to insults and disparaging comments. Please. We are talking about a person who has done more things for the community than most of us will ever do combined, not to mention being instrumental in making the yo-yo what it is today.

8 Likes

Ah, @yoyodoc doesn’t actually hate anyone, he just has a certain … way… of communicating :wink:

4 Likes

Lol doc’s snark reminds me of Bukowski

2 Likes

How bout them colorways tho folks!!

This has gotta be my favorite solid by a long shot. I really love purple throws, but this one specifically seems to be so much cooler than any of the other 10 or so purples I’ve got. It just seems so much deeper and more vibrant than anything else. Almost as if made using some other method. I don’t even think it’s the hue really, just the richness makes it pop like nothing else in my case

Pic doesnt do it justice at all. But OD nailed this one

7 Likes

Purple is good.

5 Likes

Have you seen this sick colorway from CLYW. Probably my favorite non-solid. They call it beach party

6 Likes

No Tee Jay. That is pretty awesome.

I have a Dune monometal in the Beach party colorway.

2 Likes