How has yoyoing changed your life for the better?

How has yoyo changed your life? I once remember reading someone’s profile and he threw to quit vaping. It could be something small or big.

6 Likes

Well, I had to force myself to quit 1A yoyoing.

It had to be something that would really really keep me from having the addictive urge to throw string tricks.

I wanted my life to be so much better without the nightmare of being haunted to learn 1A tricks.

I had a vision for success and so far it has worked.

I took up throwing 2A now… and have no urge to throw 1A… and life is a Peach🐥

My life is changed.

Also… when I started throwing yoyos 24 years ago I only had one friend. Now here we are 24 years later and I couldn’t be happier. Now I have two friends.

Much improved.

And they’ve given me a Cell with a small window so I can see outdoors…

12 Likes

getting into 0a has made me think more about deforestation.

5 Likes

Um… I could see that

2 Likes

People, it’s the people that share the joy. People often share my joy of yoyoing, even though they don’t yoyo! Plus, yoyoing slays boredom!

7 Likes

Great new topic! I got an Imperial in 2015 because I thought it’d make feel like a kid. I never dreamed I’d be able to do what I am now doing and back then I didn’t really have any knowledge of tricks beyond looping. Yoyoing has added a lot to and yes, changed my life. In a world that seems to get crazier every day and not being a very disciplined person, yoyoing (along with art) is something that requires discipline and through that discipline I am rewarded with great fun. My sketchbook and yoyos make me feel that I have some control in this crazy world and sometimes I am very private about both things. I’m kinda just rambling now…

10 Likes

It’s something nice to do just between the gaps in your life. At times when other people would be bored for 15 minutes, we get to enjoy a wonderful and meditative hobby.

6 Likes

Hey! That’s me, I think. It will be 1 year on June 8 with no vape. Throwing on the daily! Initially it was something to keep my hands busy but it has provided so much more. It’s my new meditation.

Only down side… I thought I was going to save some money while quitting. This hobby is WAY more expensive.

Joking aside…
Addiction, vape or otherwise, is not easy but it can be done. Be well all.

6 Likes

I would say that it has changed my life for the better on the whole.

It’s helped me meet some AWESOME people. It’s given me hours of entertainment. It’s even been a lens for me to view aspects of CAD design and physics through.

But also, it’s been a skill that I have had the satisfaction of seeing improvement through hard work. It’s been the gradual realization of a years long goal. That’s what makes me happy on a fundamental level.

8 Likes

Oh yeah it is. I’m glad your almost at 1 year now, congratulations!:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

I cant wait to meet some of you folks in person. Not that I’m going to compete but I look forward to attending my first competition.

3 Likes

Yoyoing has allowed me to find a validation on yoyo forums through receiving thank yous! Until I learned to yoyo I was “thank you” poor. Alas, all was right with the world after receiving my first. :sob:

4 Likes

Who knows? Not sure who I am anymore “apart” from yoyoing. If I weren’t yoyoing so much I probably would have thrown more into music, martial arts, surfing and skating. Maybe would have picked up cross-stitching or something. Who knows who that guy would have been - certainly not inclined to make qualitative comparisons.

Playing yoyo has made me happy and I’ve made amazing friends, which is enough “better” for me!

11 Likes

it gave me a group to interact with, I feel separated from everyone else but for a reason I love. yo-yoing is the greatest hobby/community I could have every joined

5 Likes