How grippy are Snow Tires?

I don’t have a lot of experience with CLYW throws, but the response on my new Expedition is surprisingly slippy for a yoyo listed as having a 4.20mm gap. It comes with pink Snow Tires. Are they known for being slippy or grippy? I’m shocked that this yoyo doesn’t come screaming back to my hand given its narrow gap.

I really like their white (OG?) snow tires.
But be it pink, blue (teal), or, white I’ve not run into overly / slippy Snow Tires.

What string are you running?

Some generic orange string (I don’t know the brand). It feels just as thick as my YYSL Type X strings, if that’s any help.

Hmmm, should be just fine.

Just for giggles, try a boutique string. I’m a stickler for Ziplines. Never any problems with their stuff on any response.

I remember with the fine they had mentioned they had sand tires that were less grippy snow tires which they had experimented with for Anthony Rojas . I wonder if that is what they are running

Edit : they are called summer tires -

This is a paragraph I saw from their most recent release of the dune. It’s from another website

“Anthony has been running his Dunes lately with two Summer Tires or with one Snow and one Summer. Included is an extra pair of Snow Tires with each Dune…please experiment with your set up!”

2 Likes