How fast does the yoyo travel?

I know a CLYW Bonfire travels fast enough that if you’ve got a knot in your string it’ll snap back and give you a clean cut across the bridge of your nose. And that’s all I’m saying about that ::slight_smile:

Although possible, I think its most likely these numbers were ‘double clocking’ and the actual figures were probably half this.I have seen modern yoyo thrown at 10,000 rpm but using techniques not seen in the early 90s.

and here I thought RPM for yo-yoing was rolls per minute lol

Wow… Slow clap… Lol ;D

haha I know I know.

fun fact, the SB-2 probably has the actual top speed record as well, it went on the space shuttle at around 17,500 miles per hour in earth orbit.

Well, I will tell you one thing. The other day when I was driving to work; I had a Sengoku Keshin in my pocket.

And that yoyo was traveling 70 miles an hour😳

1 Like

Dang Doc! You have a speedy yoyo on your hands :wink:

I had a China-cuda on my yoyo clip when I was about 30,000 feet up in the air, going 300 or so mph :slight_smile:

Have also had my Duncan Triumph go from 0-80mph in less than 3 seconds (when I was on a roller coaster at Knott’s)…That’s some acceleration right there :slight_smile:

Thanks for mentioning this, I came here to do the same.

Don Watson fairly definitively proved the method used was flawed, there is no doubt in my mind that those were ‘double clocked’ figures.

Most yo-yos these days never approach that without a ton of effort as huge amounts of rim weight slow the actual RPM (while maintaining it longer).

Kyle