How does the Sigtyr compare?

For those that have played all 3, how does the Sigtyr compare to the Draup and Valk?

3 Likes

I have only played the valkyrie, neither of the other 2. The valkyrie is fun but hella heavy, almost like a brick judging that there is a significant weight difference (Draupnir; 63.5g, Sigtyr; 65g, ;Valkyrie 67g) they all play different weightwise, but they all have sort of similar shapes I would imagine that they would all play similar, judging from the fact that YYR said that they purposely designed them based off of the draupnir.

I have a Sigtyr and have had an Original Valkyrie as well as many Draupnir.

The Sigtyr is the big-brother to the Draupnir. It is less floaty and nimble; but makes up for it with superior stability and a spin-time that is hard to beat. Heavier; but certainly not a rock on the string.

The original Valyrie never “clicked” for me. The higher walls seemed to punish my sloppy play. Still a fine yo-yo - just not the same cut as the Sigtyr and the Draupnir.

6 Likes

I think he’s talking about the og Valkyrie which was a bit different than the new one. I believe it was around 66g.

1 Like

I am sorry; is that a 2021 Valk? If so; I have have one of those too. My opinions are the same except that the new one is a bit more forgiving than the original. Still not my favorite.

I agree with @YoyoGeezer 's opinion. Of the trio + new valkyrie I find the sigtyr to be “just right”.

1 Like

one says valkyrie in the hub, one says sigtyr in the hub, the other one says draupnir :))

Mine is an old one; definitely not from 2021, at least. In fact I mainly bought it because the feather engraving doesn’t quite look like a feather with that green ano if ya know what I mean.

I’m actually not a huge fan of it - it plays great but has a horrible hand-feel; there’s a ridge where the body meets the rims and it’s not comfortable.

1 Like

Sigtyr is great it’s like a slightly heavier slower draupnir but definitely feels the most balanced of the 3. It also has a very comfortable hand feel if that’s what you’re looking for. I’m probably the minority but the og Valkyrie is my favorite of the 3.

Also I would look into a start the riot as it’s similar in shape to the others.

3 Likes