Difference between yyr Draupnir and yyr valkyrie

The title should explain it but what are the main differences in play between the two

Welp, the Draupnir is supposed to be a speed demon while I’ve found the Valkyrie to be quite relaxed and be somewhat middle-of-the range in terms of speed while being quite stable.

These are the two main differences>

1. The Draupnir is simply a better yoyo.

2. The Valkyrie is just not anywhere near as good as the Draupnir.

:roll_eyes:

But, lets be realistic.

“The [insert yo-yo name here] is just not anywhere near as good as the Draupnir.”

…applies to just about every other yo-yo I know of. While perhaps not as good as the nearly-perfect Draupnir, I still think the Valkyrie would be a flagship throw from any other manufacturer but Yoyorecreation.

The most accurate explanation indeed.
The shapes are similar but everything else is different. The Draupnir is faster, just as stable, smoother, more controlled and better than the Valkyrie. The Draupnir is a near flawless model almost making it impossible to top. A 2013 creation is still at the top of the tier list of throws in 2016? Only such greatness of the Draupnir can achieve this.

Finally getting a Draupnir so maybe I can do a detailed review and comparison with the Valkyrie soon, in a week or so. But just by the rep of the Draupnir as the uber-competition throw with super speed and stability, and comparing the specs, you can already make a prediction… Valkyrie is slightly smaller AND heavier so it’s going to have more presence on the string and play slower.

From YYE…

yoyorecreation Draupnir Stats:
Diameter: 57.04 mm / 2.24 inches
Width: 43.42 mm / 1.71 inches
Gap Width: 4.40 mm / .17 inches
Weight: 63.5 grams

Yoyorecreation Valkyrie Stats:
Diameter: 56 mm / 2.20 inches
Width: 42.05 mm / 1.65 inches
Gap Width: 4.60 mm / .18 inches
Weight: 65.6 grams

Actually I was being ‘realistic’.

My post specifically concerned only the 2 Yoyos the OP mentioned.

The OP didn’t mention anything else?

Why should I?

1 Like

Sorry if I misunderstood. I only meant that I think the Valkyrie is still a great yo-yo.