How do you take your Ramen?

Sorry. I eat my ramen by pouring the soup packets in water then eating the block

This stuff is the same way! X-tra X-tra Hot too!

This thread needs to be revived… I LOVE RAMEN!

1 Like

I do a pretty unusual procedure when I feel like Ramen… I substitute items…

For example> I substitute pancakes for the noodles.

I substitute maple syrup for the soup.

I substitute butter for the spice packet.

And I use strawberries instead of chili.

That works for me very time.

Oops! Gotta run… Going to ~iHOP

:wink:

2 Likes

As long as you eat that with chopsticks!

2 Likes

Chopsticks is the only good way to eat Ramen lol.

1 Like
  • Noodles cooked normally
  • with broth
  • 3/4 of flavor packet
  • add soft-boiled egg, frozen corn, and green onions
4 Likes

Of course I use chopsticks. How else do you stab a pancake?

4 Likes

I am lucky enough to have a legit Ramen shop in town, but when I make the packets, lately I have been
not using the soup/flavor
Drain the water
Add peanut sauce
Chilli oil
Soft boiled egg

2 Likes

My preferred method for stabbing pancakes is mid-air using Eli hops. Chopsticks are for catching flies.

1 Like

Unfortunately I am allergic to peanuts.:cry::cry:

1 Like

Noodles only. Drain the water, ditch the spice packet. Add some butter, garlic and Parmesan cheese.

1 Like

Or, if you want fancy chili oil for your egg and ramen, XO sauce.

2 Likes

I would probably side with the first one cause it looks easier and might keep a lot longer. Thx dude…this looks like a nice recipe.

1 Like

do you watch Bon Appetit?

Go to Costco. Get a 6 pack of Kirkland boxed chicken stock. Much better than canned chicken broth. Also get one of those big, cheap Costco rotisserie chickens and a big bag of frozen peas. Debone the chicken and cut into small pieces. Put it in a freezer bag.

Throw away the seasoning pack. Cook as directed but use chicken stock instead of water. Throw in a bit of chicken and leave the rest in the freezer. At the end of cooking toss in some peas. You want them to warm, but not cook. You should be able to get about 18 meals out of the case of stock and the single large chicken.

1 Like

I love me a Creamy Chicken flavor ramen. Noodles cooked to chewy, drain most of the water - just enough so that the full MSG packet makes it nice and thick. If I’m feeling extra fancy, I’ll mix in a small scoop of day-old rice. :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

You take some veggie broth, put 4-5 packs of noodles in and cook, get a serving in a bowl, put one pack of top ramen soy flavor powder, with some ginger, a boiled egg, seaweed, canned corn, mushrooms, and marinated tofu. :ramen::ramen::grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

I haven’t. I’ve made this recipe though and it’s good. The Serious Eats version is better but you have to find a few other ingredients.

2 Likes

Ah ok.

1 Like