How do you take your Ramen?

It does well as a gift too. It last a while and is easy to do a large batch then jar in smaller portions for said gifting. Homemade tasty goodness.

1 Like
2 Likes

Wait! What? You eat this stuff? I thought it was lawn fertilizer! :smiley: I have some shredded cardboard if anyone is hungry.

1 Like

Not yet. Everyone bought up the instant ramen! And rice :sob:

This will make even your cardboard taste good.

This looks Phenomenally Good.

2 Likes

Like my mind is blown. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Just made this! Very good!

3 Likes

Ramen and rice? Never tried that before but it looks good!

With all the social distancing and self-isolation, it gives me plenty of time to work on trying new ways to make ramen. Some really creative recipes in this thread that I’ll have to try out!

2 Likes

I dump a pack w/o flavor packet into a bowl then pour a can of soup over it and stick it in the microwave.

2 Likes

Hmm there is no set way for me.
Sometimes I like it just like the packet says, noodles, flavor packet and boiled water.
Sometimes I drain most of the water and leave just enough to mix up the flavor packet.
Sometimes I will drain all the water and add the flavor packet, a little soy sauce, some sesame oil, a little thin teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds.
Another one I like I got from a chef that owns a food truck out here in California in an interview is make the ramen like the packet and add a slice of American cheese on top so it melts. I know sounds bizarre but it works. It’s like flaming hot Cheetos and cream cheese, if you haven’t tried that you owe it to yourself.
And finally if I am feeling fancy and want to try and make it as close to the restaurant as I can I will boil the water and noodles crack an egg into the boiling water and noodles, which cooks the egg like a egg flower soup, and some cold cuts and then add the sauce packet at the end.
It may be still 10 for a $1 but you can get pretty creative with it.

2 Likes

Strangest thing with cheese I’ve learned was OK. Cheez Whiz squirt cheese stuff on Captain Crunch cereal, dry. Weird but not that bad.

Ramen’s invention/history to feed a starving public and all that can/has been done with it over the decades is creativity at its finest imho! I still wish this place mat setting was actually available from Nissin. I’ve ordered this and the MadMaxx and the egg one from Japan but found it wasn’t the hottest readily available in the US by far. Really good, but SamYang hot chicken is much spicier.

1 Like

I am a man

1 Like

Prepare per instructions, add a big squirt of Sriracha once it’s in the bowl, and stir. Anything more is blasphemy.

3 Likes

“The mind is like a parachute. It only functions when open.” - somebody

But spicy Miso and spicy Tonkotsu are worth seeking out if you likey the spicey.

1 Like

Well I tried and failed somewhat. My rice got too mushy and starchy after I added the ramen. I’ll go less water or fresh cooked rice next time. Tasted good, just not my favorite texture. Yours looks much better.

1 Like

I only put enough water to barely cover the ramen.

2 Likes

I posted this back in 2013… but it’s worth reposting. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

3 Likes

when the ramen is too hot, “cant touch this”

3 Likes

Yesss

1 Like