How do you have your Delrin Gamer Set Up?

Not even a little. Well-loob’d.

Perfectenschlägē! Danke!

1 Like

I just thick lubed the flat full C bearing and kept the full sized pads in there. Using Slick 6 string as well.

3 Likes

I can’t bring myself to do that to a full C when the half spec is right there.

2 Likes

For me the 1/2 spec C makes the gap just too tight for my liking. Maybe if I had some shims.

2 Likes

I would just clean the half size then put nice thin or dry lube in there.

2 Likes

Tighter gap makes stalls more doable I feel.

3 Likes

Agreed, for me the narrower gap feels like I can get a better snap out of a stall.

@MrYoyoThrower should be in on the conversation.

1 Like

Thanks for the tag!

I made this video explaining the setup options. Responsive play is so personalized that I wanted to offer as many options as possible. If I’m playing responsie, I want it really responsive because I’ve got a messed up shoulder and can’t throw hard. But I know lots of folks like it kinda responsive, so they can still do string tricks, but have the tug response. So swapping out the pads, playing with the amount of lube…it’s all part of the retro yoyo experience!

When I started throwing 10 years ago, you HAD to fiddle around. I bought or made shims, siliconed throws to replace the old YYJ O-rings and carved my own recesses. I didn’t want to put you through THAT much work, lol. But I wanted options.

7 Likes

I first thought “This is one cool looking responsive. I want one.”

Then after seeing that you really need to tweak it for it to play well I thought “I don’t want to butya yoyo that I immediately have to tweak.”

Then I thought “This yoyo has a lot of options and everything for tweaking is included. This yoyo may be a good one for learning how to tweak to dial in the exact response you want.”

4 Likes

Almost exactly what I thought. And I don’t regret pulling the trigger.

1 Like

Will Dif-e-yo shims work in this?

1 Like

For sure! Tested those and the YYJ shims and they are great addons

3 Likes

Sick. Debating on getting another set, or just pulling them out of my Deep State.

1. Take them out of your Deep State
  2. Buy a couple extra sets the next time you order from YYE

Problem solved! Lol. Let me know how they work out for you.

3 Likes

How is everyone doing with their Gamers? It’s been a week so I figured I’d follow up to see if there are any more questions.

2 Likes

I have not tried the spacers, but I have had the Gamer with me about every other day. I am loving it! Great for 5/0a.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear! Thanks for letting me know.

Been going good with my setup, just added a tiny bit of the Yoyojam thick lube the other day but loving the snappy response from how I have it set up!

Perfect! That’s why the Lube is included. I find with daily use I need to re-apply weekly.

3 Likes