How do you fellow leftys tighten your string?

im left-handed and ive tried UFO many times and it just doesnt work! >:(
is there any other way to tighten my string?

Doesenā€™t matter if youā€™re left or right handed. Think about it. A lefties inside loops will tighten the string, so you do a sidewinder to the left (inside of hand) - a righties inside loops will loosen the string, so they do sidewinders to the right (again, inside of hand)
The whole thing, trick and countermeasure, are just mirrored.

But to answer your question (I am a lefty) when I play responsive, I do the sidewinder move. Very easy and effective. Forget about UFO, itā€™s hard to ā€œfeelā€ when it spun enough.
When I play unresponsive, I throw a sleeper, pop the yoyo up wo waist-level, pull the string sideways with my free hand and let the string spin around the yoyo for a second. (right side to tighten, left to loosen) Easy.

Hope this helps and makes sense to you. Took me a while to type that out with my bad english.

cheers

Daf

By the way, welcome to the forums! Very unique person for the yoyo world. (Girl+lefty=YAY!)

First of all, do you have lefty string? If so, doing a sidewinder to the inside (responsive sidewinder or not) to the inside will tighten the string, while on the outside will loosen it. If you have just regular string, the opposite is true - sidewinder to the outside will tighten and to the inside will loosen.

theres lefty string?!?!?! :o

apparentlyā€¦ itā€™s just twisted the other way. but I never bothered with it. It has the same ā€œproblemsā€ as normal string, you still have to adjust the tension. I found regular string works just as good. Plus, it makes it easier to ā€œcopyā€ string tension adjustment tricks you see on the internet, you just have to think mirror.
And on top of that, you donā€™t have as much options as with regular strings.

Born2yoyo sells lefty string (LACKEY ENDORSEMENT)

Just PM him. Heā€™dbe happyt to hook you up, and talk to a girl. ALL IN ONE SHOT!

Haha, just messinā€™ man. Donā€™t murder me

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve seen on the forums and the chat, most guys tend to ā€œsuck upā€ to the girls and always want to talk to them :P.

lol i wont kill you :wink: not today anyways

but thanks for the help, its much appreciated

GRRRRRRRRRR. BORN2YOYO MAD AT Q. BORN2YOYO SMASH!!!

SO yeah. lol thanks haha.

God we make this forum fun.

YESH.
OH HAI I HELP WIF MAKIN TIS FORUM FUNN

So you gonna hook her up or what?

:slight_smile:

Double facelpalm for the win.

She hasnā€™t PMā€™ed me back yet.

Ahahahahaha.

I think you scared here away with your Superior immaturity! lol Sheā€™s looking for some serious people that want to help now.

Itā€™s not immature, itā€™s having fun. :wink:

Actually, sheā€™s quite immature. She sent us a video link in the chat room about a guy walking around stores with one of those fart making thingys. Haha itā€™s awesome.

. . . . . ā€¦ . . . . . . . . . . ,.-ā€˜ā€. . . . . . . . . .~., . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-ā€. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .ā€œ-., . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ā€:, . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\, . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,} . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.} . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:ā€. . . ./ . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./ . . . . . . . /__.(. . .ā€œ~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./ . . . . . . /(_. . ā€~,_. . . ..ā€œ~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/ . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .ā€=,_. . . .ā€œ-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~ā€; /. .. .} . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .ā€=-._. . .ā€œ;,,./`. . /ā€ . . . ./. .. ../ . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..ā€œ~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../ . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-ā€ . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\ . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__ ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-, . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\ . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,-%. . . ā€¦`

lol.

Thats fawesome