how do i get the finish off of my dv888?

what do i use? i just want to take off the paint so its silver

You just need to use sandpaper. 150-180 is a good place to start. Then 220, 400, and so on depending on what sort of finish you want. Higher grit sandpaper will give a finer finish all the way up to polishing it if you use extremely high grit sandpaper.

like just regular old sandpaper? really? hmm ill do that thanbks!

You’ll have much better results ith wet/dry paper used wet.

Yeah I recommend putting it on a drill and actually spinning the yo-yo then take sand paper to it. I might be posting a video on it soon.

I’ll attempt to help. Take axle. Chuck the axle on the drill. Now, when you spin the drill, the whole yoyo should spin. Apply sandpaper to the surface of the yoyo. (For best results, start at 100 grit, and move up 100 each time, until it looks nice and shiny) Then take it off, switch sides, and repeat.

It would be safer to just get another screw of the same size and use that. That way you don’t screw up the good axle. Also, it’s even better to get a nut of the right size and once the screw is threaded in, tighten the nut up against the hub. That will lessen the chance of the yoyo spinning off of the screw.