How did you first get into yo-yoing? What fascinated you about it?

I went to a local toy store to buy something for my son. Then I saw a Duncan Imperial. I bought the Imperial. I forgot that I went there to buy a toy for my son. ;D

When I was 10 my brother bought me a Yomega Brain as a gag gift for Christmas. To throw it back in his face I ended up playing with it non stop for months. But never touched a yoyo again once it broke no even a year later. It wasn’t until I was 15 going on 16 till I saw my first moderns yoyo. I was in a band with a bunch of older kids. One night while finishing a band practice I noticed that my singer had brought a yoyo with him to practice. With him being a weird person to begin with I thought nothing of it, but once he started doing tricks I realized there was a lot more then just Walk the Dog with this thing. So curiously I asked about it and that’s when I was given my first yoyo a good ol DV888 from Yoyo Factory. I spent hours learning how to do bind return and once I got that down I realized how much fun it was and how much I enjoyed advancing with this toy. I yoyo’d for about a year then quit after due to all my friends I did yoyo with moving away or quitting. Almost 4 years later summer of 2016 I picked it back up, since then it’s all I can think about it’s all I want to do and I’m improving more and more each day! I don’t know why I stopped to be completely honest but I’m regretful that I did. If I just kept with it I wouldn’t have all these years to catch up! Buy I like the idea of learning new tricks, and creating ones of my own. To me yo-yoing is something more then a toy, it’s apart of my life. It’s something I will always keep with me and want to do. It’s like my own way of keeping in touch with my inner child. Because yoyo is all about fun. I don’t care if I win the next contest or I’m getting hella money with them yoyo royalties (Which I know there isn’t much money in the Professional Yoyoing world) I’d prefer to just throw some headphones in and get lost in the many many tricks and elements that is yo-yoing today!!

Heck yeah ! Tight ! I feel the same way. Yoyoing is the bomb. Getting lost in it is the best !

:muscle::+1:

Had a fireball in HS. Fast forward a decade and a half. Went to FYE since they were closing down. Picked up a fireball and a maverick both for 12 bucks. Went on YouTube to learn new tricks. Found out they’re responsive yoyos. So I quickly got bored of those. Picked up a pop star, dv888, and a replay pro. Always carry one with me, couldn’t put it down ever since. I’m a super noob when it comes to throwing. Even a simple bind without knotting the string still makes me smile.