How close is Metavity compared to Essence?

I see the specs is very close.
If different, which one feels more rim weighty?

This is just an educated guess… but I would say that the Metavity has about 370 more dollars worth of weight on the rims🤓

3 Likes

You can check the forum thread here regarding the Essence:
Yoyofactory Essence Experiences - Yo-Yo Reviews / Looking for Help/Recommendation - YoYoExpert Forums
Unfortunately, I am not able to compare next to the Metavity :frowning:

1 Like

I know, my wallet definitely feels more floaty now.

I was just wondering if the Essence is still worth it, after getting the Metavity.

But it doesn’t matter, I just caved in on a mint second hand Essence. It’s all good.

Will update later with a comparison review if anyone still wants the answer.

2 Likes

now im curious if its similar feel from the new rockstar

I had the old rockstar (2015/16, I believe) and the essence definitely feels more powerful, but with more control. Even though their weights are pretty close, I feel that the essence plays like the Will with some more power taken from the Pragma.

2 Likes

Essence and Metavity are very similar IMO… if you got the Essence not sure you need the Metavity unless you want to collect Ti…if you have the Metavity the Essence is only a few bucks so might as well compare for yourself. Both very good yoyos.

2 Likes

sorry I forgot to add extra details, what I meant is the new 2018 rockstar that SUS mechanics designed but anyways thanks for your short weight and play comparision!

1 Like

oh that one!
It is lighter compared to the Essence, yes, however the Essence is more rounded so on the catch it feels “soft”.
From Brandon’s video, I have the Singularity so I can compare it to that since the shape is fairly similar to the Rockstar. I feel that the Essence has more power transferred from when you throw, kind of like the Pragma. For horizontal’s no issue there since I was able to use my old Rockstar for these kinds of tricks. The biggest difference is the feel, you’ll definitely feel the Essence after every move compared to a lighter throw, don’t get me wrong, it does not feel like a brick. It takes some force to get it going for some speed compared to the Rockstar. The amount of control that you have however is incredible, you know exactly where it will go and will handle almost everything you throw at it.
Hope this helps

2 Likes

I just got my Essence.

For those who are still interested, the general shape of the Essence feels similar in the hand, except the edges feels smoother and more rounded. Power wise the Metavity have slightly more power / rim weight, not huge, something like 5% extra. The Essence feels like the weight is slightly more in the center, giving the impression of it having more weight on the string, although they are both 66g.

From a competition standpoint, I’d actually pick the Essence first because of the blasted surface, vs the raw finish on the Metavity. The Essence’s power is plenty enough on its own that using the Metavity won’t really give a noticeable edge.

4 Likes