Thoughts on SUS YOYO MECHANICS

I just wanted to hear what people thought about sus yoyos? Looking for thoughts on essence, JDS shutter, or any of their other stuff.

1 Like

I really like the Sugar by SUS. It is big, but not wide, and stable and heavy, but doesn’t feel like a brick. I can also go pretty fast with my speed combos. It is dead smooth, and is high quality.

3 Likes

What is SUS?

1 Like

SUS YOYO MECHANICS from Japan, you might know them best from the YYF x SUS YOYO MECHANICS Bimetal Shutter or the YYF x SUS YOYO MECHANICS Metavity. They mostly do collaborations, but they have a few yoyos of their own as well.

2 Likes

Oh I had no idea. That makes sense, something new to google. Thank you.

1 Like

The Essence is essentially an aluminium Metavity, so I’m guessing if you like the Metavity you’d like the Essence as well.

1 Like

Haven’t tried either but I’ve had my eye on the Metativity for a while. It screams 5A to me, lol

3 Likes

You should try it! Lots of people have said that it really doesn’t play like it looks and it has a very nice balance of power and agility.

2 Likes

I honestly thought this was young lingo pertaining to what we think about suspicious yo-yos. I personally never had a suspicious yo-yo and was very confused.

3 Likes

Heard lots of people compare it to the mustang! Some sold for like 200 something recently.

3 Likes

Lol! I’m glad I wasn’t the only one out of the loop. I’ll keep an eye on the BST but I’ll probably end up picking one up regardless. I’m a sucker for wide H shapes.

1 Like

Very interesting to hear. I will probably pick one up sooner or later. Especially if I can get a beat one for a cheap price. I’ll feel better about dropping it that way.

2 Likes

I feel like they tend to put out heaver more stable throws. I have a butter which I love, like I said it is a little on the heavy side but is still great

Relative newjack thrower perspective: The only SUS I’ve tried is the Essence. It feels great to me and reminds me of a Summit or classic CLYW shape like Chief, Orca, Borealis. Surprisingly to me is that it came with more vibe than almost any other metal yoyo I’ve ever bought. Not really a problem, but it’s noticeable. It’s really a perfect shape, perfect response and one of many that I own that could be the only yo-yo I own. I’d been eying the Metavity, watching the BST and almost buying one whenever there was one of those discount days here, but when they released the Essense at pretty much 1/10th of the price, it was an easy decision. If you don’t already have a Chief or anything with this shape (there are lots of similar yoyos), this is a great choice. If you’re an experienced thrower who can tell the difference in play between something like a Chief and a Borealis without playing them back to back, your sensitivities exceed mine, and you can safely ignore this post.

I picked up their new solo design, the Transmission 002, a couple weeks ago and it really hits all the marks for me. It’s a little bit undersized, a little bit wide, and it’s got a powerful spin but still feels light on the string. The binds are borderline snaggy, just the way I like it. The anno and finish are great too. The blue is bright and vivid and the blast is good for grinds. I’ve been very impressed with it, if you can’t tell.

i’m gonna revive this since i’m confused on who sus and jds are, i’ve really only seen them do collabs. i can’t remember who but someone
said jds might be owned by yoyofactory and sus might be owned by rewind, is any of that true ?