How are the code 2's?

The new code 2’s sold out quick, but I haven’t heard much about them. Is everyone happy with their code 2? Can anyone offer comparisons to the Burnside?

I really like the code 2 I love my burnside but the code 2 is a perfect weight and size for me. The code 2 has a floaty feel compared to the burnside in my opinion. Both yoyos are amazing but the code 2 just bumped my burnside out of its number 1 spot lol

1 Like

It’s good to hear the code2 compares well with the burnside. Might be my first side effects yo-yo.

It was mine. And I’m already looking into buying other side effects to play around with the weight.

1 Like

I’ve played a few, and they are definitely on my list now. Their play reminds me a lot of the CLYW Avalanche.

And those grooves are just super classy.

1 Like

I have both, i recommend both. The burnside is actually smoother for me, or easier to throw a smooth sleeper. Its actually a fantastic yoyo for beginners. The Nauti has side effects, so that adds some option on weight/look. I pickup the code 2 way more often, and its more comfortable to return and hold. There will be SO many code2s that i would buy what looks good to you

1 Like

The Code2 Nauti is a very interesting throw that is simply a fact. One that has been very hyped up and well waited for it to be sold on to the market. I am not sure how it is meant to be for beginners however. A beginner side effect throw would be the 54.

The overall design is meant for designed for 5a as to what Jason said for his design due to the flair out of the rims but also the width. Its specifically designed for lots of rim weight, beefing up the main weight of it without side effects up to the 64 gram mark. The Nauti comes with black aluminum spikes, so it adds 2-3 grams of weight to give it a more heavier feel on the rims.

However, when you play with this, you will notice it has a well balanced feel. Its floaty on the string, but solid like a hefty rim weighted throw. Its the best of both worlds.

~Z

1 Like

I’d comment, but, you know … :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry about that Jason, didn’t mean to take your limelight since its your creation, your baby. :wink:

Its an amazing throw.

~Z

1 Like

Interesting thoughts. Does being designed for 5a make the code 2 a little less focused for 1a (that’s my primary play)? I’m not a yoyo beginner, just new to side effects. I have a burnside and love it, so I’m looking to get something that plays on par with burnside and includes side effects. If I prefer 1a, would you suggest looking at code 1 or 54 over code 2?

I played one a few days ago for about an hour and now I can say, ITS AMAZING! I used TheRyanFace’s Code2 and I didnt want to put it down. Its truly an amazing throw. Today I got to throw a YYR Dreadnought and Id say its definetly on the same level of playability. I actually liked it better than the YYR since it felt a bit floatier(perfectly balanced for me) but with enough heft to keep it from getting out of control. It is also great for horizontal. The Code1 doesnt measure up to the Code2, although its also on my list of to buy yoyos. The Burnside is also a great yoyo, and $15 cheaper. Same weight as the Code2 but different feel

1 Like

No need to apologize, Zammy. I was just being silly.

Just to clarify though, the CODE2 wasn’t designed specifically for 5a, or 1a - it was designed with the hope that it would excel at both, and it does. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, yes it does. I played two different ones set up for both styles at Cal States, and was very impressed with both setups.

1 Like

I wouldn’t go as far as to say the “The Code 1 doesn’t measure up to the Code 2.”

It is a GREAT throw, though. I would say that I love them both equally. The Code 1 has been one of my main throws since the summer. I have three of them, and forth coming in the mail. So, it’s hard to compare it to that as of yet. Maybe I just love the Code 1 so much. But the Code 2 definitely doesn’t disappoint. Maybe with time, the Code 2 will inch ahead.

As far as comparing it to other things, I would put it up against an Avalanche and Sasquatch any day. And it definitely blows the Burnside (which I have nicknamed – mind you – “The Only YoYo Anyone Would Ever Need”) away.

1 Like

I can say for sure that the code 2 bests the code1, burside, ava, and sasquatch for sure. I have all of these yoyos and for some time. I have tried and tested the code 2 and the only fault that I have personaly with it is that I wish that it felt lighter and faster. It definitly has the best spin time I have ever had on any yoyo for sure. Stability and spin time, that seems like its main goal so to exceed in both styles of 1 and 5a. It is one amazing yoyo for sure, my main copmpetition throw as of now. I allways play my side effect yoyos with Ultra Lites and the code 2 is no exception, plays wonderfully.

1 Like

Wow lots of code 2 love. Hopefully one drop restocks them soon. I’d like to try out all the one drops at some point.

I love the CODE2. Great job overall by Jason and One Drop.

1 Like

Thanks very much, Nathan. See you at Spindox this summer. :slight_smile:

I absolutely love mine. It was my first introduction to the Side Effects system, and I am impressed by that alone. The part of a yoyo that seems the most vulnerable in a tapped axle is the axle socket threads; you can replace everything else. But with Side Effects, you can easily swap out the whole axle too. I got a variety of Side Effects to try out, but don’t have any particular favorite. They just change the feel a little. When the rumored Rotating Side Members (think hubstacks in a Side Effect) come out, I will be thrilled.

My CODE 2 is extremely smooth and has no vibe, both of which I value. I cleaned the stock 10-ball with electrical contact cleaner and get great spin times.

Finger and palm grinds are delightful with the yoyo’s finish. I find thumb grinds a little tricky to land, but that’s not unique to this throw :slight_smile: They’re plenty of room in the inner ring; it’s just that it has a rounded edge, so I have to be more aggressive with the angle of my thumb. When I do hit them, they are very comfortable.

As a fairly new yoyoer, I don’t know enough yet to say whether the CODE 2 is “floaty” or “fast”, but I can say that it is extremely fun to throw. When I want to practice new tricks, I keep coming back to it for its stability and long spins.

The grooves cut into the catch zone give it a pleasant feel to hold. I have big hands, and the catch zone gap is a nice size for me. (I am 6’4" and can reach a 10th on a piano keyboard.)

Short story is: I love it!

1 Like

Great to hear it! The RSMs exist, just in small quantities - they take quite a bit of time to make. They’ve been available thus far with two attachments - a disc version, and a dice stacks version.

Definitely worth snagging a pair when another supply is available.

2 Likes