How am I doing? (Evaluate yourself!)

Thanks for the tips on string if you do the monkeyfinger contest I would definitely look at strategery its a great trick

I’ve been throwing 3 and half months id side I’m progressing decent my favorite tricks are ninja vanish double wrist whips cold fusion and buddahs revenge I have the first half of spirit bomb just can’t get the second pop

I have defiantly slowed in progress. Well I have been yo-yoing for about a year and a half now and I am 15. I can go slow or fast and practice horizontal. I have completed beginner, intermediate, advanced 1 & 2, most of Expert 1&2 while skipping Takeshi boing, getting stumped on sea sick, double suicide, and spirit bomb. I have also done only three tricks in the master section. I have moved on to rethink yoyo, learning several tricks. I spend most of my time trying to perfect finger spin and suicides and some other tricks. I would say I am O.K. Not good not bad, I really want to learn more tricks and styles 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, 5a, and moebius. I tried 4a, and dropped the yoyo a few too many times. Also tried 2a, and 3a but I am not good with two unresponsive yo-yos at once, but I can yoyo with both hands, I haven’t worked a whole lot on 5a or moebius very much but, I plan on working on them soon, maybe over the summer when I have more time without school.

So all in all I say I am a 5 out of ten

I’ve been yoyoing for 7 months and have just stopped watching trick tutorials. I don’t know why, but I can’t focus when watching them and end up just playing around with the string(which I think is more fun). I make most up of my stuff now and the last trick I learned from YYE was Laceration when I was at two-three months yoyoing. I still love the tutorials though, since they got me on my feet AND THIS IS ALL OPINIONATED. Don’t hurt me… I still think tutorials are useful!!

I’ve been at it for about a month. Currently I’m able to do Brain Twister split atom and mach 5. I’m currently working on some suicide things, plastic whip, and Buddha’s Revenge. At a month I feel like I might be going a bit slow. I’ve seen people with 3 months experience at 5 or 6 times my skill level. I’d like to learn faster but it’s not a big deal. I’ll get there.

Its always hard when you first start! Once you get to double or nothing and the advanced part 1 tricks, youll start progressing much faster, promise you! Good luck man! :smiley:

Nah, you’re doing fine, if not a little faster than most. Keep at it and you’ll be better at 2 months than I am at 6!

I’ve been throwing since my senior year in highschool so like 3 years. and I am not too good. I hit a wall and couldn’t get into new tricks for a while. I play pretty slow. I like it better. I feel like I should be way better than I am now. on a scale of 1-10 I’d say I’m a 6

3 years.

In the past couple of weeks I’ve been trying to push the boundaries of my current moves and to explore the concepts I have created. I should be way better than I am right now.

And I’m really not that good, especially compared to Owen Ekblad (Nemyo). That guy’s younger than me (about my age though) and twice as good. Shoutout to my homie.

Cray.

A little over two years now. I have brutal slacks but my tech is trashy and generic. Lately I’ve been experimenting with how elements from seperate tricks can transition into one another. To be honest I’m starting to plateau a bit, but its cool because I gotta start practicing for some of the contests coming up anyways. Hopefully I’ll have some pent up creativity by the time contest season is over.

Probably a six or seven out of ten.

Im 1.5 months in. Progressing really nicely, finally starting to get my breakaways more consistent and straight. I have been moving up through tricks slow to perfect my technique, this way i can play really fast too (which is so much fun). There are still so many tricks to learn! Ahh!!! Very excited ;). I give myself a 9/10 so far

you’ve been yoyoing for almost two months and you can Brent Stole? that took me forever to learn.

Not where I want to be I’m learning faster than I can perform which is why I’m not where I want to be. Can hit Grandma Kimmit’s Sandwhich, Mickey’s Combo, and Chopsfury but not well enough to perform for anyone (month 4).

I’ve been throwing seriously for about 7 months, and I’ve really come a long way in that time. I’m on Expert Part 2, and I can do plenty of slacks, suicide variations (and GT suicides) and I’m just now doing wrist mount tricks. I can’t do Spirit Bomb yet, but then again, I haven’t really worked on it. I’m working on Magic Trick, Yukki Slack, as well as Follow. I can jade/iron whip fairly consistently (it’s not a matter of technique, but string tension). I try not to focus too much on technique, even though it’s important. I try to arrange my tricks into combos that flow well. I’m also working on some different grinds. I can finger grind and arm grind pretty well, but I’m trying to work on IRGs and palm grinds. Recently, I’ve been working on horizontals, and it’s been going pretty well for me.