Hotel time yo-yo practice

Well, my month long lay off has come to an end and I’m back on the road. Working away from home and the family, bouncing around from state to state takes its toll if you don’t have a way for to occupy your mind. At least for me anyways that is always the case.
I got into yo-yos with my during my lay off, and decided to bring them with me to jersey so I have something to do this week after work in the hotel. I watched @smileypants707 bread and butter bind videos for about the hundredth time to see what I was doing wrong, and finally hit the undermount from trapeze, doesn’t sound like much but this has had me stumped for the last couple weeks and I finally can land it with the dv888 and even got it on the heist a few times.
Having to work on the road can be really hard on the mind, so I have been pretty thankful to finally have found something that can help me zen out and keep my mind focused on something other than what I’m missing back home. Thanks again for those tutorials @smileypants707, those videos you made are the bomb bud!

8 Likes

Hey, my pleasure dude! I’m sorry to hear your job demands your time the way it does, that sounds like the worst. But I’m happy to hear that yoyo elements are starting to “click”!

I hope you can get back home soon!

3 Likes

Thanks man, I usually get home for the weekend, and spend my work week traveling and working, it’s rough but my family is able to deal with it fortunately. Things are definitely making more sense, once I realized my hands weren’t on a even plane I was able to hit the string at least almost every time, then it was just a matter of figuring out the loop around lol.

3 Likes