Horror fans?

I recently got really into Horror because of a friend but its very Indy horror. Films like Head Hunter, Possum, Hereditary, and Revenge. Don’t really go in for the gory or jump scare stuff, tend towards more of the dark and haunting.

1 Like

CNN is a great horror source

6 Likes

I love horror. All of it. From super trash B-movies to the oddball indy arthouse stuff. Give me all the horrors.

2 Likes

Three must-not-miss horror movies. These are off the charts good in my book:

• The Babadook
  • The Witch
  • It Follows

Also these are a bit more indie horror but worthwhile if you are into that

• The Survivalist
  • It Comes at Night
  • Green Room

If you hate yourself and you want to watch one of the most difficult things I’ve ever watched (but certainly has a point to it, will leave you thinking)

• Killing Ground

I need to see Midsommar, I thought Hereditary was quite good.

4 Likes

I bet @codinghorror 's favorite type of horror is coding horror.

2 Likes

I can’t say I agree wholeheartedly with your lists, but I can absolutely second The Witch and Hereditary.

As far as Midsommar goes… It’s a good movie, I have to give it that, but I just felt that it didn’t leave me with much after it was over. Hereditary stuck with me for a while, but I felt like Midsommar was just lacking a bit of extra something to elevate it to that level. It’s worth a watch for sure, but Ari Aster may have set the bar a bit too high with Hereditary IMHO. :+1:t2:

And, I’m going to look into Killing Ground. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Provide some alternate lists!

The original Evil Dead!

“We’re gonna get you, we’re gonna get you, not another sleep, time to go to sleep”

Also I’d like to throw a mention for Suspiria for weirdness.

Yes! The Witch totally blew me away, a fantastic film!

I’m a bit of a horror fan, mainly the older stuff (I’m not that fond of much in the way of horror after the mid 80s). I particularly like Italian horror especially films by directors like Lucio ■■■■■ MArio Bava and Dario Argento

1 Like

Wow a 5 year old Necro! Never seen one before.

I don’t like horror films, but someday I might make a short film based off of a true story

It’s called “The Strip”, in a totally inexplicit manner.
guess what’s in it

Oh also the movie “Upgrade” is quite good. It’s not pure horror, more like sci-fi/horror but man it was excellent.

I am obsessed with horror!! Halloween is my Xmas!!

Oh I know that one, the storyline is absolutely amazing

Couple I’ve seen recently that I enjoyed: The Perfection, Hereditary, Get Out, and The Void