Homemade String

just made my first two strings! i am VERY pleased with them there are a few flaws because when i was twisting it and took it off my drill i didn’t keep it taut the entire time but as i used it it smoothed out will DEFINITELY be making more lol

P.S will post pictures in a bit when i can

-Peyton

8 Likes

Nice! It is great to experiment with different materials and blend, torsion and thickness:)

4 Likes

yeah! i’m gonna need to work on the length of it i made both pretty short but i’m 5"8 and i use string that is to my chest to the floor and this is a little below my waist so i’ll spin my next one longer

4 Likes

Looking forward to some pics!

2 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen! Amirite? Well, no, actually, not often :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I’ve not been happy with any of the poly string I’ve made, but, my cotton string is what I prefer for fixed and transaxle yoyos. If I ever decide to go into business, since I only make cotton strings, I’ll call the company Fixed Axle Return Top String abbreviated FA/RTS.

11 Likes

yup!

3 Likes

/GiggleSnort :joy:

2 Likes

haha!! i’ll definitely post pictures as soon as i can i take pictures with my Ipad then i get them to the PC but i’m not entirely sure where the Ipad is

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

1 Like

where do you get your Cotton material?

Amazon. This is what I’ve been using:
Aurifil A1050-2024 Mako Cotton Thread Solid 50WT 1422Yds White

Takes a few minutes of play to lock in the tension, but, the string lasts forever.

3 Likes

ok cool!

1 Like

Where do you get your material?

2 Likes

here are some photos!!

7 Likes

i actually found it in my moms sewing box! :smiley: but it’s just some Poly thread

1 Like

That looks really good. What was it that made you wanna try this? It’s certainly very cool.

2 Likes

Dylan Kowalski’s tutorial for string making came up in my recommended on YouTube but before that i had been wanting to make string for a bit

5 Likes

These look great! Nice job :smiley:

3 Likes

I WANNA TRY. they look great duder.

3 Likes