Homemade string

Stirng looks good. Don’t know how it plays. ???

Plays like normal string, although a little softer and whippier.

Off topic but there’s an “E” after the w in “awesome”. (From yoyoedumaster’s personal text)

when did i PM u. is the string for sale?

You never pm’d me and the string is not for sale (If my mom ever takes me to the sewing store I might finally be able to change that though…).

I make mostly orange and red now. It’s nice and tight as well.

Almost too tight.

That on was actually used and it was getting a little tight. They don’t start out quite that tight.

I prefer a little looser string.

I updated my process, including more time and new thread.

An unbroken in one

A broken in one

Much better than before. Stiffer, bouncier, and longer lasting with less fray.

So I see one Poly/rayon combo - are they all? Or are most of these 100% poly?

Curious; what type of thread are you using? Sewing, embroidery, serger or quilting? What about brands?

How many wraps are you doing? (Before you double over and twist)

Thanks… keep twisting!

Whoa, that first twisted one came out nice. How did you manage to get it so it’s only one strand? When I tried twisted, the strands were crazy and it just didnt look right. I was planning on making some of my own string, now that I have more experience. Last ones I made were always too thin, so I’m going to do 8 wraps this time. (I was using thin sewing thread, comes out nice and silky, but, it’s scary to throw it because it’s too thin. Ended up not using them.)

I never used rayon… It’s Toldi-Lock sewing thread(Gotta check that). They’re all 100% poly unless your jonahtroyzim.

You have to keep tension on the string the whole time. Also, I wrap it 6 times.