Hitman X

Pretty sure YYJ has done more market research than we have to see if there’s a place for their plastic-metal hybrids. Regardless of research, they also have the current and historical records of sales figures that we do not.

Saying that they “don’t sell” is only an assumption based on individual preference and possibly some interactions with like-minded people (for example, on this forum). I see several of the hybrids recommended often enough. I’m sure YYJ is doing fine…

This is somewhat related (and maybe unrelated at the same time) but I always thought the term “hybrid” referenced the response system of a yo-yo. As in “hybrid HitMan”. Half O-ring and half starburst.

I’ve recently seen posts referring to metal/plastic bi-material yo-yos as hybrid.

At any rate, I’m a buyer. I think this looks like a player. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know squat about yoyo.

Why I am forumExpert is beyond me.

Either way, I want a Hitman X.

No, this is how I see it, too. However, the word “hybrid” appeared in the thread a few times and was in my head. :wink: I replaced it as often as I could (mentally, before hitting “submit”) but I missed one. :wink:

I think it’s due to people saying bi-metal isn’t correct and the correct term is hybrid. And you can’t really call it metal rimmed plastic because not all of them have metal on the rims, such as the vexed and the phenomizm. Also the hybrid term is used less and less to describe o-ring/starbust because yoyos that use that type of response are very uncommon.

Overall I think people will understand if you say bi-metal (even if it’s not correct) or hybrid.

We had this debate a while ago. I lost interest in it.

Bi-metal to me means two different metals used for the body construction, often in the form of a main metal(often aluminum) and a weight ring(brass, titantium, whatever). The axle and bearing don’t count.

A yoyo made from plastic and metal should be a plastic/metal or metal/plastic depending on what is the assumed majority of the material, but are otherwise interchangeable depending on your mood.

Plastic is, well, a plastic yoyo, which includes a plastic yoyo with a metal weight ring(Trigger, Protostar, Northstar, Rally just as some obvious ones) and those with hidden weight washers behind a cap(Legacy II, Chaser are a couple of examples). 100% plastic is becoming its own category, which are yoyos with no metal weight rings or washers in them.

Hyrid to me will always be the response system not matching on both sides.

Yes, HYBRID is a response type - half starburst, half o-ring.

Only the unwashed call a metal rimmed YYJ a hybrid.

No, this is a hybrid… Toyota Prius - Wikipedia

Correct term is actually Bi-Material, just sayin’

1 Like

Hybrid can probably refer to response or construction correctly these days. Odds are that whoever is actually referring to hybrid response is going to say “hybrid response”. Even YYJ themselves recently stated “The XLR8 is a hybrid model”. If you want to scold YYJ you can, but nobody really cares.

Threw my Hitman last night and now I’m even more excited for the upgrade. Anyone know any details about the actual width now that the gap width will be fixed?

I think the Solid Spin axle means it will be a fixed gap. With the yoyo being compatible with slim and SPEC bearings, there’s no need for gap adjustment.

and
For all the people saying “I liked it, Because it was undersized”
Thats the Hitman pro. as seen here
:slight_smile:

Yeah I remember the Hitman being very similar to the Lyn Fury

When I came into yoyoing, I assumed people called bi-material YYJ’s bi-metal due to the fact that they had two metal rings on them. Regardless, I’ve always and probably will always reference those YYJ’s as bi-metals.

You clearly have not tried the Ringmaster, C-Force, Revolution or the Vexed. From what I heard the Cerberus is a bigger version of the DM2 (don’t quote me on that. I have not tried this YoYo, or even touched one for that matter). The C-force is very underrated as well as the Collid3r for that matter. The revolution was perfect for Grants style back then, but it has changed, so he doesn’t use that anymore. The Ringmaster is a Classic with metal rings! How is that not awesome!? And the vexed plays so good.

Well, don’t forget preferences.

I wasn’t initially attracted to the Vexed, but I got one for free, and it’s really, really good. Wasn’t a shape I’d have gone for with my own money.

The C-Force and Cerberus are just not items I am interested in, but I wouldn’t mind playing them.

I’m open to trying a lot of yoyos. Right now, I’m kinda slowing down on purchases as I have other priorities. I do have a YYE order I’m assembling at the moment, and that will be it until some Worlds items(or regular releases of items that dropped at Worlds) hits here soon after Worlds is over. I’m holding a sum of cash for a couple of special items.

Actually the LF is similar to the HM. Same shape. The HM came first.

Yep, the Lyn is just a full plastic Hitman.

I love both throws though. The only yoyo I miss a lot is the Black Knight.

[quote=“jhb8426,post:23,topic:57500”]
Says the man who had his own signature edition Lyn Fury caps? :smiley:

The original Hitman is one of my favorite yoyos ever. Can’t wait to check this release out at Worlds!