Hitman X

So is this going to be a small run, or will it be mass produced?

I would buy in a heartbeat.

That’s what I heard!
Edit: scratch that it appears that it will be a little bigger and wider.

Besides that he has a real job.

From every indication, they know their market.

A metal HM has already been done by a guy in Europe. My guess is it would play entirely different, and possibly be a bit of a disappointment to the HM fans. The Lyn Fury is an all plastic version of the HM and I frankly disliked it from day one. It plays entirely different than a HM.

On the other hand, a HM upgrade to the solid spin axle is a great move, just as it was with the DM II.

I don’t know if this has been said but on instagram they said its around the same size as the Dark Magic.

Both. I think there is a small run that is Worlds specific: unresponsive out of the package and special caps.

After that, a larger run(probably already done) for general sales with 2 bearings. I’d rather get the Worlds edition but I’ll gladly take either.

Oh no, the whole reason I liked the Hitman was because it was undersized! I thought that was the appeal of it to many people? It’s okay, I guess there’s always room for change, and maybe this new larger version won’t be so bad.

EDIT: Here I was thinking of the Pro version, I got the two mixed up.

A full metal hitman would be cool, they did a metal version of the x-convict. It was called the eneme.

I don’t think the Hitman was undersized. It was slightly smaller than the Dark Magic, but not undersized.

The hitman is at 52mm Diameter. Definitely not undersized but more classified as mid-sized.

Actually, I believe it was 54.

Here’s the specs from the old YYN catalog.

Well then…It feels a lot smaller in the hand then 54mm.

Yeah, it definitely does. I just picked mine up, and it doesn’t look undersized, but it feels smaller. I actually thought it was 51mm, but I guess the stat sheet proved me wrong! It feels a lot smaller in hand for some reason…

EDIT: Silly me, when I said it was undersized, I was thinking of the Hitman Pro. I was confused for a second. Please forgive my dumb mistake!

I still agree with the fact that the OG Hitman feels small in the hand.

They should keep some of the hybrids, like the DM2 (Duh!!!) the Xcon Pro, the Phenomizm, Destiny, And MAYBE the Atmosphere, Speeder 2, and ringmaster.

I find the Cerberus, C-Force, and Revolution, a few of the unpopular ones. As well as the Vexed.

Who wants to use Alex’s C-Forces for 3a when they could use his Collid3rs.

We all know Grant Johnson could use a beast metal for his awesome style.

Same for the Cerberus.

They should, for Bill, Instead of a Vexed, make some legendary wood yoyo or some plastic maybe metal yoyo…

Or a Fixed Axle…

Lol the Cerberus and Fever were my favorite hybrids, what’s with your hate?

Man, this looks so sweet! Have always wanted a Hitman too!

This is strangely interesting me. When I heard about it, I didn’t think it would really generate that much interest in me. There’s something about it though that just looks really nice to me. May have to try one out.

I’m diggin’ this. It would’ve been cooler for them to just re-release the Hitman with the Solid Spin axle, but I’ll take one or two of these, sure.

Let’s not jump to hate.

Just chalk it up to preferences not aligning up and accept things as nothing more than that. This was how I interpreted it.

Barely anyone on this forum remembers that there are other people out there that don’t know as much about yoyoing as we do. YYJ is one of the largest companies out there and they need to appeal to the masses. Think of the thousands of kids that start yoyoing by buying a hybrid YYJ and then lose interest or move on to other things. YYJ is a business, believe it or not they need to make money. Making awesome new metal yoyos all the time would be awesome for us, but making hybrids is definitely better for the company. So YYJ is not being nuts releasing a bunch of hybrids, they’re just running a business.

Oh and the hitman X looks freekin sweet

1 Like