Heres My Attempt At Designing a 20$ Plastic Yoyo

Aaaaaaand… SURPRISE!

Magicyoyo only have somewhat bad rep in the US

Magicyoyo has a bad rep everywhere. They are knowledgable at making products at a lower price point but that’s about it - it’s no secret. And that’s why I think it works well. I design everything and they make it - they can make it cheap and cheerful and I make sure it’s designed to my standards.

For me, it was an opportunity to design a product for everyone, compared to releasing a handful of 300$ titaniums which is out of reach for nearly everyone.

Jeff

1 Like

I’m digging the look! Going to have to pick up one of these.

That’s a lot of places… #superlative

Well I picked one up yesterday. Looks like im getting my first magicyoyo lol.
But really this does look great.

Awesome job!

$20!? No brainer!

It looks great as a finished product, and right on for 20 bux you can’t go wrong. In much respect, the lower end market has gotten some great 1A Revisions over the past few years. The FingerSpin on this looks really nice. If you can properly learn that the 20 bux is already well spent from the get go

Picked up the old English white, I’m excited.

Copped a green. If I like it I’ll pick up the other two colors at Worlds. :slight_smile:

Congrats, Jeffrey! This is a huge jump forward.

Nice work as usual from Jeffrey!

I received two throws in the mail yesterday: a CLYW Blizzard (Snow Cone) and a Skyva (Lily Green). If I’m being honest, I’m most excited about the Skyva! Don’t get me wrong, the Blizzard is a high quality bi-metal. It looks great, plays great, and feels great. That said, for the price, it should be all these things. The Skyva on the other hand, blew me away! At just under $20 it plays as well if not better than plastic yoyos twice that price. I have over a dozen plastic throws in the $20-$40 range, the best of which being the YYR Diffusion and the CLYW Big Dipper. I prefer the Skyva over both of them. It is as smooth as any other plastic I own and has a much more intricate design than most inexpensive plastic throws.

It looks and feels like an exceptionally high quality product. All these things make the Skyva a fantastic yoyo and a fantastic value, but I haven’t even mentioned it’s “Killer App”. This yoyo is one of the best finger spinning yoyos I’ve ever tried, metal, bi-metal, and titanium included! It really is something special. It took me a few throws to get it. I couldn’t land the spin right on the center recess, it would spin just outside. After a few throws I realized if you just wait for it, it slides over and pops onto your finger. At that point it seems to pick up speed and makes a unique spinning sound on your finger and becomes incredibly stable. It has a very unique feel. The only other yoyo I’ve tried that does something similar is the General Yo Prophecy. Honestly, it is worth buying it for that feature alone. I like it so much, I picked up a second in Old English White this morning. I can’t recommend this yoyo highly enough.

2 Likes

Btw does it read skee-vah or sky-vah?

We’ve been saying sky-va here. Not sure exactly how it should be pronounced, but I like sky-va better than skee-va.

1 Like

Well, since the name is spelled ‘Sky’ and the ad page shows 3 different color yoyos in a sea of clouds; uh… Maybe that could be a clue?

I’ll just guess that; since Sherlock Holmes is on vacation🤔

1 Like

I’d like to second J3’s points (above).
This is a great plastic throw, and for $20 it’s a steal.

The finger-dimple on the side(s) are very cool for finger spins.
(Let’s see more yoyos with this feature… !!!)

Heh, I was just struck with the irony that the Skyva is actually more expensive than most of Magicyoyo’s aluminum models! ;D

Got this YoYo in yesterday and I could not be happier! I got the YoYo because of the design as it was very similar to the OneStar and CzechPoint, which I love! Fits perfectly in my hand and I love the colors you’ve selected.

I got the white one and couldn’t be happier, I’ve wanted a white one for a while. I’m not sure how you did it, but it feels so light on the string, almost delicate. It took some getting used to, but I know it’s great quality and I don’t need to worry about significantly damaging it as an EDC. Sleeps for a very long time also, which is a plus!

I also have a Replay Pro, but I probably won’t be picking that up anytime soon with this great budget plastic. I would say for only $5 more than the Replay Pro, pick it up and you won’t be disappointed.

Good work, friend!

Thanks everyone! Yoyoexpert should be restocking soon - sold out way too fast.

Jeff

I missed out on these! I would have loved to try one out at such a great price for what sounds like the greatest plastic on the planet.