Help with removing Loop720 caps!

As in the title, I’m looking for some help removing the side caps of a loop720, preferably the safest way possible. I swear I ran a search and surprisingly came up with nothing. Suggestions?

1 Like

Pretty sure they aren’t meant to be removed. @yyfben2.deactivated am I correct?

2 Likes

Removal = broken

2 Likes

yeah but like how broken? Because this just sounds like a challenge now.

2 Likes

Minimal… :grin: No big loss. Cobbling something together to hold me over. I can’t have a Match on one side and a Black Cat on the other. Aesthetically, eww.

You’re better off just using denatured alcohol or static guard to get the design off

1 Like

Wait, are we talking destruction here? I want to play!

Two suggestions:
#1 (more responsible) use a Dremel and cut out enough to pop the rest

#2 (probably what I’d do) heat a box cutter blade on the stove and make precise cuts through the plastic

My main concern would be to not damage the remaining throw. Either of those options should get there.

I’m surprised at @yyfben2.deactivated , is there not a standard response for this? I mean, you’ve got to have some fun somewhere right? :rofl:

“While YYF does not recommend or encourage removal of the Loop720 caps, we do have some terrible ideas on the subject and promise we’ll sell you two fresh ones as soon as you’re ready” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

drop from a very high place onto hard surface. only works 1 in 20 times so repeat as needed.

3 Likes

My experience thus far is that if you position one yoyo halve “horizontally” into a bench vice and then proceed to gently flex-squeeze the ploy- carbonate half in between the vice claws, it will more than influence those sonic welds on the caps to break-snap as they are thin and brittle when forcibly squeezed.

This process is RISKY and requires multiple flex sessions while rotating. Be prepared to watch it flex-squeeze about a quarter-inch or so. I learned this process one day when I was frustrated and decided to forcibly destroy my Glow Shaqler1080 after someone had stolen the other matching yoyo as a pair.

I Don’t recommend removing the caps, however, I do kindly suggest asking YoYoFactory to make more clear yoyos for the purpose of hand painting them. More hand painted yoyos could enrich every ones yoyo life.

Paint it~