Help with a Transition

Hey all, I’m looking for a cool way to get from this @EOS44 hop tower to a green or red triangle. (Red would be awesome, but my hopes are not high.)

I’ve tried hopping out of it onto other strings but I’m not string scientist so I’m looking for your input!

5 Likes

This is a neat basic tower, you can just drop it and be in a twisted trapeze. Makes this one a good one for a lot of transitions.

Try popping it straight up and landing here on this string. GT.

2 Likes

I will thanks!

1 Like

If I’m doing the trick right! Haha. :joy:

I get a tower but not as clean.

1 Like

We may be doing different towers lol. Every time I try the hop I get a big jumble of string.

1 Like

Spent like 15 mins goofing with this and couldn’t figure anything out…but now I got a nice hop tower in my yocabulary :grin:

2 Likes

What happens on yours when you just drop the tower from your throw hand pointer?

1 Like

Then today is a win!

Twisty trapeze.

2 Likes

Twisty trapeze then NTH pointer and thumb into position, Hop it out the back landing on the string I highlighted, should get a GT.

Boom you can land on that string @Shwa pointed out and it’s a gt but you need to hop from the front and it works if you hop behind the strings it doesn’t work. I’m gonna clean it up now let me know if that’s working for you

Edit: it’s a gt with an extra wrap but still :+1:

1 Like

Think you can get it on video?

Yeah I just woke up and learned this yesterday so it’s super sloppy like I was chilling on the trapeze just thinking for a second and I missed the first uncross arms hop and the tower reveal is sloppy but I got the hop to triangle part pretty clear

edit:
Here is a nearly clean version except the GT reveal is slow and I missed the trapeze when I bounced out the GT but combine them and you should get the idea lol.

3 Likes

Very nice, Henry. A bit tough to see your string but that was smooth.

2 Likes

Bah gotta go for round 3 then! Lol just kidding but thanks! I gotta wash my blacks lol

2 Likes

Nice! I guess I’m just not hopping aggressively enough. But also was hoping for something without the extra twists. Might not be possible.

Also it could be more than one move, a rotation or a rejection even. I like what you did though and will try to land it myself.

Tomorrow. Fridays are for fixies.

3 Likes

There is definitely a way to get it clean with an extra move. I messed up once my hitting the inner strings of the tower (I think) and then rolled over my right hand and it made a clean gt. I tried to replicate it but that hop was even harder to hit. The way in the vids is weird though. It’s an awkward hop because you can’t pull it to there like an Eli hop or black hops you kinda gotta move and catch it also awkward to drop the strings off the index to make the triangle and the extra wrap makes it slow or my string is dirty. Let me know if you figure something else out eventually though and lol enjoy the fixie play

1 Like

you always ask the source (aka me!)

heres a couple variations i was able to film

4 Likes

Heck yeah thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for making this! Super sick to see a real string scientist at work. In general, are you passing the Yoyo in front of the strings when they are in that tower? I think so but my yo vision is still developing. Thanks

2 Likes